ForumsQuestionsQuestioning TD support

Questioning TD support
Salgud

Posted: Sep 20, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I'm not happy with the way I've been dealt with my TD support. A few days ago, I posted in these forums that I couldn't send a TD email to my TD account from my iMac at home. Jeff suggested I post a trouble ticket, which I did. In my ticket, I posted the following:

"What happened? I get a message telling me the "cannot send message using the server" and my Comcast server name. I did test it by sending a task directly from my Comcast account, obviously using the same server. No problem."

The reply I got is:

"This sounds like a problem with Comcast, not Toodledo. We can't control how your mac sends or doesn't send email."

I made it clear in my post that I was able to send the email directly from my Comcast online client, but not from my iMac client. Big difference! Bad enough they clearly didn't read my ticket, but then to add insult to injury by following with "We can't control..." is just plain rude. I don't know if there is, but this could be some kind of Mac issue, not just an issue with my Mac. Until TD looks into it, they don't know.

And all of this is especially irritating because I was asked to submit a ticket by Jeff himself. Then to get this kind of reply? I'm not happy with this response at all. I graded them "Terrible" on their handling of this issue.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2011.
Scott

What email client do you use on your Mac? I can try to test for you. It works with Gmail and with Sparrow for me here but there could be an issue with the format of the address in one of the Mail apps.

Comcast web based email and the server you specify in the mail settings may not necessarily be the same as POP or IMAP mail probably use a different infrastructure than their web mail. The error message does seem to indicate that it is an error on the server but it's not a very useful message so it doesn't indicate whether it is the email itself that is the issue or the server that is just refusing to send it.

sb
Salgud

Thanks for your reply. Using "Mail", the app that comes with IOS.

This email address is the only one I'm having trouble with.
Scott

oh - IOS on the iPhone? I don't have an iPhone so can't help at all with that, sorry.

If you mean from the desktop OS, are you using Snow Leopard or have you upgraded to Lion? The mail apps are different so want to be sure we are looking at the same one.

The only thing that I can think of that might be different about a Toodledo address is the period but that really shouldn't be an issue.

sb
Purveyor

I'm guessing that Salgud means OS X rather than IOS.

He mentions "iMac" and "Mac" two times each, and he seems to be answering your question "What email client do you use on your Mac?"

Salgud, what do you mean that you can't send a TD email to your TD account from your iMac at home? Your Toodledo account isn't on your computer -- it's on Toodledo's website and you access it from your computer.

Are you saying that when you click on the Actions icon in your task list and select "Email task" you get an error?
Or are you trying to use Mail to send a task to your Toodledo account?

This message was edited Sep 20, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 21, 2011
Salgud,

I am sorry that we were not able to help you, but your problem is with the mail program on your mac. This is outside of our ability to provide support. Please try contacting Apple for assistance with sending email using Mail on your iMac. You may also need to contact Comcast to get the settings that you need to enter into the mail program.
Salgud

@Purveyor

Sorry, meant OSX.

I mean that my mail client (Mail) won't accept the TD email address that I can use to send tasks to TD. It's says the SMTP server can't send it. But it sends everything else just fine.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The SMTP server is controlled by Comcast. You'll need to contact them to see if they have any rules set on your account to prevent sending emails to certain domains. For example, if you have previously marked a toodledo email as spam, Comcast may block outgoing emails to toodledo.com as well. Im not sure, but I know that the problem is with Comcast. We have nothing to do with your SMTP server.
Salgud

I understand that the mail server is controlled by Comcast. But the only email it's rejecting is the TD address, so I thought it might have something to to with your email address.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It probably does have something to do with our address, but it isn't something within our control. I think Comcast is blocking your account from sending email to us for some reason.
Purveyor

Posted by Salgud:
I mean that my mail client (Mail) won't accept the TD email address that I can use to send tasks to TD. It's says the SMTP server can't send it. But it sends everything else just fine.
Sorry, I thought I had a suggestion but I got nuttin'. :|
The situation does seem strange.

This message was edited Sep 21, 2011.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.