ForumsQuestionsAdvantage of using Tooledo over my regular email/calender

Advantage of using Tooledo over my regular email/calender
mrscrystaljones710

Posted: Oct 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, Can anyone tell me the advantages of signing up for Tooledo? How does it simplify keeping track of things compared to my regular Yahoo! email and calender? Thanks, any insight would be appreciated.
megsaint

Score: 1 Reference
Toodledo is neither an email program nor a calendar. It's for managing list of things you need to do. Is that something you need or want? It is something you're trying to do with calendar and email but you're not happy with the results?

Personally, I don't find calendars or email programs particularly useful in dealing with list of stuff I need to do. Other people might make it work for them. So, it's hard to say if Toodledo will benefit you.
Salgud

I would say that if you're missing deadlines, having trouble prioritizing your daily activities or having problems keeping track of the many things you have to get done, you probably would benefit from using TD. One of the great things about TD is it's flexibility - you can use it at a novice level all the way up to expert, so it can grow with your needs.
simon

Posted: Oct 08, 2011
It also depends on how much you need to get done. Toodledo really comes into its own when you're at risk of drowning under work stuff, home stuff, projects, deadlines, kids, shopping....OMG, I'm going for a lie down.
dannyw0011

I have a friend who uses his calendar as a task manager. If he doesn't complete his tasks on the day he shows, he has to keep moving to another day since they aren't truly specific to any particular day. I know this would prove frustrating for me.

In Toodledo, you can list all of your tasks. If they have to be tied to a date, you can do so. If they don't (as most of mine are), you can simply list them. You can set descriptive fields for each task, such as how important they are, where they need to be done, how long they will take to do, etc. and you can configure Toodledo to only show you those tasks that fit the criteria you set up. And you don't have to move them from day to day, as on a calendar, if you don't complete them on the day shown.
alexandremrj_2

Some people have some things to do and usually leave them in their inbox and its their task list.
Some people use their calendar for organizing everything and have a lot of things in each day.

The need for a task list, be it Toodledo or a paper list with all you have to do, depends on your needs, and your needs alone. If you receive a lot of emails and your inbox is always full, and you calendar is so full of things that you are missing deadlines, then you need a task list.
It can be a sheet of paper that goes with you everywhere or you planning a big system with all the bells and whistles. See what is lacking in your organization and only then can you see what you need.
vbprog

Posted: Oct 11, 2011
What I find indispensable to my life is a way to QUICKLY get something in my task list when I think of it.

If I'm walking down the hall and promise something to somebody in passing; if I'm driving home and see a billboard with an interesting restaurant on it that I want to research; I'm outside in my yard and think I want to trim those side bushes every time I happen to see them.

These use case scenarios are endless. Now instead of trying to remember what i promised to do for that person in the hall, I just forget about it. It'll show up in my ToDo list when appropriate.

Running an effective ToDo list system is a great stress reliever for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.