ForumsQuestionsLong tasks should be easier to read and edit

Long tasks should be easier to read and edit
vision3

Posted: Oct 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi!
1) I would like long tasks to be more easy to read on the computer. Long tasks in the note field are easy to read, but long tasks in the task field are not so available.

If i put the mouse over the task, i've got ca 5 sec to read it all. For really long tasks with a lot of details i may need to look at it for perhaps 1-2 minuts while reading and thinking about the task. Then it requires to put the mouse on and off the tasks for up to 20 times before done reading/thinking!

A solution to this may be to erase the time limit (or at least allow it to last much longer). The text disappears when we move the mouse cursor anyway.

It would also done it much easier to read long tasks if it has been possible to extend the task column width a bit more.

2) When i want to EDIT long tasks, i am not able to see the whole task when editing. (ps: i am NOT talking about text in the note field). Long tasks had been so much easier to edit if i could see the whole task when clicking/dblclicking on the task.

Is it possible to find a solution to these challenges??

Thank you very much for your reply :-)
Salgud

Posted: Oct 14, 2011
"Is it possible to find a solution to these challenges??"

Use shorter task names?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 15, 2011
You can also view your list in "Multi-line" mode which can be easily switched to via the icon in the toolbar. This will show the complete task title without truncation.
vision3

Posted: Oct 17, 2011
Desktop version:

I do have a lot of long tasks and I do not want to split them into two separate fields (task field and note field). It’s easier to write the task just one place.

I know about the “multi-line” mode, but i highly prefer the “grid” mode because it’s more organized. To switch between those two modes every time to read long tasks, it’s a bit cumbersome.

Therefore I have some suggestions for enhancements:

1) Make it an option to adjust the column width for the “task column” much more than what is possible today (for big screens it may be convenient to adjust it up to the double compare to what is possible today)

2) When clicking on a task for editing, please make it possible to see the entire task when editing. For long tasks it’s today just possible to see parts of the tasks when editing both in multi-line and grid mode. To edit a task it’s much easier when you see the entire task.

3) When pointing the mouse cursor on a long task to see the whole task, the task is displayed in just 5 seconds before it disappears. For really long tasks with a lot of details i may need to look at it for up to 1-2 minutes while reading and thinking about the task. Then it requires me to put the mouse on and off the tasks for up to 20 times before done reading/thinking. Please drop this 5 seconds time limit! The task will anyway disappear as soon as we move the mouse cursor again.

4) For long tasks, the “Add task” input field for new tasks is a bit short. When finished writing it is not possible to see the entire long task before clicking “Save” (even when in full screen mode). Please make this field a bit longer.

Looking forward to your feedback. Thank you very much :-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.