ForumsQuestionsMark tasks complete from reminders

Mark tasks complete from reminders
amanickam

Posted: Jan 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
One of the features that is available in MS Outlook tasks is when you set a reminder and the reminder pop-up you have the option to mark that task complete.

Is there any similar function in Toodledo. If i set a reminder on a task, i get a txt messg on my iphone and i have to go in to Toodledo and then mark that as complete.

Instead of sending a txt mesg, can the Tooldedo app in iPhone pop up a reminder and provie an option to mark the task complete?

Thanks
AyKay.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 24, 2009
Unfortunately, Apple does not allow third-party applications to popup reminders.
amanickam

Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Unfortunately, Apple does not allow third-party applications to popup reminders.

Will this be possible?

When an SMS arrvies, there is an option to either close or reply. Can we reply with a specific text say "CLOSE" or "DONE" then that response should mark that task as complete. Is this doable?

thanks
AyKay.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 26, 2009
That might be possible by sending SMS messages and listening to the reply, but what we really want is for Apple to support reminders without needing to send and reply to SMS messages. We're hoping that Apple supports it soon.
amanickam

Posted: Jan 27, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
That might be possible by sending SMS messages and listening to the reply, but what we really want is for Apple to support reminders without needing to send and reply to SMS messages. We're hoping that Apple supports it soon.

I agree with your note on Apple should support reminders. But as usual, there is no information available from Apple if they are even looking into it. In the meantime, can Toodledo provide the functionality of replying SMS?

Thanks
Aykay.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 01, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.