ForumsQuestionsSMS Reminder Not Sending

SMS Reminder Not Sending
Alisa

Posted: Jan 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

This is my first post. It took me awhile to find the Post New Topic link though as it was surrounded by the "Skip to Page" links.

I am a RTM user but to be honest I never got my system set up properly to use it to full capacity. I know there are tons of features in RTM but it was almost too much. So far I am really liking all the features offered by ToodleDo! The UI is extremely user friendly!

On to my question: I have the SMS/Email Reminder set go to my cell phone. I set up a test task with a due date and time but never received a text message reminder. I understand from reading other posts that the reminder would come at the exact due date and time. My settings are for tasks that are due in 1 to 2 hours. Should I have set my test task for at least two hours in the future? (I set my task for 1 hour later.)

I do have the once daily email reminder set to ON. Would having that enabled disallow the one SMS connection?

Alternatively I am trying out the iCal SMS reminders which I would set up on an event-by-event basis - but only after it shows up in my GCal Calendar.

Thanks for any help!

This message was edited Jan 25, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
In order to get the SMS/Email reminder, you need to set a due-date and a due-time. You also need to make sure that your timezone is set correctly. Lastly, you need to create the task in question at least 1 hour before the reminder is due to be sent out. So, if you have a task due at 3pm and you ask for reminders to be sent out 1-2 hours prior, you will need to make sure this task exists before noon to give it time to get into the queue to be sent out on time.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.