ForumsQuestionsHide future subtask with repeat 'with parent'

Hide future subtask with repeat 'with parent'
iamegghead

Posted: Nov 09, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I have a task that has subtasks. The task is set to repeat every three months upon completion. My 'Hide future tasks' filter is set to one month. So when I complete this task the due date is set to three months away and it is hidden. The subtasks however still show up even though they repeat 'with parent' and thus also have a due date three months away.

Is this expected (not intuitive) or is the problem that the due date is inferred from 'with parent' and not explicitly set.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
When do the subtasks show up? Is the subtask with a due-date 3 months in the future appearing?
iamegghead

Thanks for responding.

When I'm in the folder view the parent task with a due date of three months in the future is hidden. The subtasks have the due date set to none, but they are set to repeat 'with parent'. The subtasks are displayed in the folder view even though they should also have a due date three months in the future since they repeat 'with parent'.

Let me know if that's not clear and I'll try to explain it a different way.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 10, 2011
You need to also give the subtasks a duedate that is three months out. What Toodledo sees now is that you have 3 subtasks that need to be done in preparation for the parent task that will be done in 3 months, so it is showing those subtasks.
iamegghead

Posted: Nov 14, 2011
Ok, I understand that so I can work with it, thanks for the info.

The thing I find confusing is that even though the subtasks are tagged 'with parent' they don't do what the parent does. When the parent is completed a new task is automatically created and it is given a due date but when the subtasks are created they are not also given the due date. I can see why that would add flexibility but it doesn't allow me to create the automatically recurring task without additional work from me. Whenever this recurs I'll have to go in and manually set up the subtasks. In this case it's not a big deal but if it were weekly and I had a lot of cases like this it would be quite annoying.

What would be on my wishlist would be a way to create a recurring template where I could clearly define exactly how I want all the parts to look each time a new instance is created.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.