ForumsQuestionsRepeating task on 29, 30 and 31 or last day

Repeating task on 29, 30 and 31 or last day
niemeyer

Posted: Jan 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I apologize if that's been asked a thousand times, but a quick search didn't return any good answers, and I'm somewhat surprised of not finding an obvious way for it.

How can I make a task repeat on the 29th, 30th or 31st, or the last day of the month if these dates do not exist on the month? Setting the due date for the 31st doesn't work, because, say, January 31st will repeat to February 28th, which then repeats to March 28th instead of the 31st again.

Is there some syntax for the repeat which would produce this?
niemeyer

Posted: Jan 29, 2009
Surprising.. there are so many fancy features and such a basic need isn't there. :-(
Acustk

Posted: Jan 29, 2009
I've run into that problem too with no successful workaround.

I noticed from the help that we CAN use "On the LAST FRIDAY of each month", for example. It would nice if we could also say "On the LAST DAY of each month."

From the Help section:
Format 2: "On the X D of each month". Where X is a number or numerical word (first, second, last, etc) and D is a day of the week (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc). Examples: On the second monday of each month, On the last Fri of each month, On the 3 Sat of each month.
niemeyer

Posted: Jan 30, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Precisely.

I think it doesn't even have to change much compared to the syntax that exists nowadays. If we say "every 30", it will already recur on the 28 if it's February. What is missing is that the *next* occurrence should go back to the 30th on the following month, rather than staying at the 28th, which will most definitely be unwanted.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2009
Unfortunately, while our repeat system is pretty powerful, it does not allow for something to repeat on the last day of each month. The best you can do is have it repeat on the 28th or the 1st. We'll look into this for a future update.

Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.