ForumsQuestionsCompleted Tasks Shown as Overdue

Completed Tasks Shown as Overdue
Alisa

Posted: Jan 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
As I was checking out the various views available with Toodledo I noticed that my completed tasks are showing up as Overdue. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 01, 2009
Well, the have a due-date in the past. If you don't want them to show up, you can go to the filters and select "Hide completed tasks"
Andy

Posted: Jun 19, 2009
> Well, the have a due-date in the past. If you don't want
> them to show up, you can go to the filters and select
> "Hide completed tasks"

The point about having a due date in the past is understandable, but here's my scenario.

The thing is, I do want the completed tasks to show up for a while--just not as "overdue." I want to be able to show my supervisor what I completed in the last couple of weeks. However, since tasks that were due before today show up as overdue--even if they were completed by the due date--he's going to get the wrong idea and ask me why I didn't complete them before they were due (even though I did). And even after I explain that, it'll still be confusing--even to myself, because "overdue" sounds really bad. It gets even more confusing when/if some tasks really are overdue and get mixed in.

In the way of future improvements, may I suggest treating tasks as a special case when they have actually been completed by the due date? It would be much less confusing if those tasks weren't shown as "overdue."

Until then, can anyone think of a workaround? Is there some way I can have tasks be due by a certain date and still clearly show that I did in fact complete them by that date? I couldn't find a "Date Completed" field.
Anders

"Date Completed" only shows up if you sort by it.
Andy

Good catch. Thanks. I'll see if that works for now.

Note to the Toodledo guys: I still think that completed tasks need their own section though, because "Overdue" is pretty misleading and confusing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The actual date is displayed correctly, what you are objecting to is them showing up in the "overdue" tab. Is that right?

If you hide completed tasks using the filters, they won't show up there. Also, if you want to show your supervisor the tasks that you have completed recently. Try going to the Main view and clicking on "recently completed", then sort by completed date.

Hope that helps.
Andy

Correct, the "Overdue" verbiage does not make sense for the situation I have described.

By the way, my supervisor can only see the folders that I have made public via sharing, so from what I understand, there are not a lot of views available.
Andy

Update: I just found out that the completed tasks are not even showing up in the shared public view in the first place, even though they show up for me (the account holder). I just want to find a way to show what I'm doing this week, what's been done in the last couple of weeks, and what will be done in the next few weeks. That means I'm facing a bigger issue than just the "Overdue" issue. Back to the drawing board.

Even so, if we could have our completed-on-time tasks NOT ever show up as overdue, that would be really good. It would just make so much more sense.

This message was edited Jun 19, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.