ForumsQuestionsThere is NO reminders checkbox

There is NO reminders checkbox
bsteiger22

Posted: Nov 28, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
where is the setting to activate this alarm?

http://screencast.com/t/omxlVDV63aPu

It is not on my task box
dannyw0011

Under the top row, look under Tools > Alarm / Reminders.
bsteiger22

there is no setting for this to appear when adding a new task. Yes there is settings for email text iphone etc in the alarms /reminders but not a setting for this to appear

This option is not on on task

Below is the option you referred to

Toodledo can send you a reminder before a task is due. Reminders can be sent to an email address, as a text message, to your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, or Twitter account.

For this to work correctly, please make sure that your timezone is set correctly in your account settings and that you are using both the "due date" and "due time" fields. Set alarms for individual tasks by clicking the "Alarm" checkbox when editing the task's due date.

Reminders / Alarms

You can get reminders at up to 5 different places for tasks that are due soon. Only tasks that have a due-date will receive reminders. Use the due-time field to help specify when a reminder will be sent. If a time is not set for a task, Toodledo will pretend that it is noon.
You will receive sound alerts on your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch for tasks and your application badge will be updated periodically.
For SMS reminders, please enter the Email to SMS gateway address provided by your carrier. Keep in mind that you are 100% responsible for any fees charged by your carrier for receiving SMS messages. For this reason, you may want to set a daily limit.

Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am not sure that I understand. The alarm is activated by clicking the checkbox that your screenshot is pointing to. To configure where the alarms go, look under Tools > Alarm / Reminders.
wbs2222

yes that is my point. When you start a new acct that Alarm Checkbox is NOT an option. I assume it must be activated in a setting. My new task box has the calendar and above the calendar there is NO "alarm Checkbox. We started 3 other accts today and all have the same issue.

I have another older acct that has the "alarm Checkbox" so I must have found the setting then but cant find it now.

If you open a new acct you will see that when adding a new task that "alarm Checkbox" is not a default setting above the calendar

this link I sent is from a help topic but the new accts we have set up do not have the checkbox

That is from the help section and ours looks exactly like this LESS the Alarm Checkbox. Very frustrating
wbs2222

where the Alarm Checkbox should be there is this link instead

Setup customizable alarms/reminders

and that just leads you back to this below which you can only set where to set txt email iphone etc but NOT to ADD the "alarm Checkbox" which is NOT there

Reminders / Alarms

Toodledo can send you a reminder before a task is due. Reminders can be sent to an email address, as a text message, to your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, or Twitter account.

For this to work correctly, please make sure that your timezone is set correctly in your account settings and that you are using both the "due date" and "due time" fields. Set alarms for individual tasks by clicking the "Alarm" checkbox when editing the task's due date.

Reminders / Alarms

You can get reminders at up to 5 different places for tasks that are due soon. Only tasks that have a due-date will receive reminders. Use the due-time field to help specify when a reminder will be sent. If a time is not set for a task, Toodledo will pretend that it is noon.
You will receive sound alerts on your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch for tasks and your application badge will be updated periodically.
For SMS reminders, please enter the Email to SMS gateway address provided by your carrier. Keep in mind that you are 100% responsible for any fees charged by your carrier for receiving SMS messages. For this reason, you may want to set a daily limit.

wbs2222

this is another post from someone else having the same problem

"I'm looking at the help topic: "Can I get reminders or alarms for tasks that are due soon?" It says:

Yes, you can. On the Alarms page in the Tools section you can specify an email address, SMS address, Twitter account, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that will get reminders for tasks that are due soon.

However, I don't have a checkbox. I have a link that says "Setup Customizable Alarms/Reminders" (which I've done in the Tools section), but I can't seem to set reminders for specific tasks."

Any suggestions?

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011.
wbs2222

I can't paste the screenshot showing the Box with No Alarm Checkbox but can only email it

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011.
PeterW 

Do you have the 'Due Time' field enabled in your settings?

I think this field needs to be on.
wbs2222

yes I do....but now that I have added to send a text reminder that alarm checkbox is now there.....thank you all
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2011
You have to have a location set for alarms to go to before it will allow you to make an alarm. This is because if you set an alarm, but provide no place for the alarms to go, you would never get the alarm.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.