ForumsQuestionsExport Back to Outlook

Export Back to Outlook
LGS

Posted: Dec 05, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am a user of Outlook Tasks and mulling over an iphone. I realize that synching my Tasks to an iphone isn't going to happen. I am willing to ditch Outlook Tasks and migrate it all over to Toodledo, but I have a big issue I hope someone can help me get over - what happens if I don't like Toodledo and want to get my huge amount of Tasks back into Outlook? I know I can easily import my tasks from Outlook into Toodledo, but can I do it the other way in case I want to? And what happens if one day i wake up and Toodledo (heaven forbid) isn't there anymore? Are all my tasks gone? if you guys could shed light on these and make me feel better i can take the leap - and get my iPhone!
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 05, 2011
You can export your tasks from Toodledo in a number of formats (e.g. XML, CSV, TXT, iCAL) and there is also a backup feature so your data is safe. Once exported, you may need to move a few columns to import back into Outlook.

As a former WinMobile phone user, I can say that iPhone is great and works well with Toodledo. In addition to Toodledo's iPhone app, you can also use Appigo Todo among others.

iPhone also works well with Exchange/Outlook for corporate calendar and email. Guarantee you won't look back. I liked the iPhone experience so much I recently migrated my home computer from PC to Mac.
LGS

Posted: Dec 06, 2011
Thanks. Follow up question - which of the formats that you can export would be the best to wedge my tasks back into Outlook if I want to in the future?
PeterW 

Posted: Dec 06, 2011
I think CSV is best as you can edit the data easily in Excel before importing into Outlook.

I just gave it a try and it worked fine.
LGS

Posted: Dec 07, 2011
Thanks, Dude!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.