ForumsQuestionsHow to mark a task as 'won't do'

How to mark a task as 'won't do'
dan.fitzgerald

Posted: Jan 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like a way of marking a task as "won't do" or "cancelled". Ideally I'd like to replace the completed green tick with a red cross and have tasks marked this way excluded from the Hotlist, perhaps I'll make a feature request.

In the meantime, I want the task to still exist (so I don't want to delete it) but not appear in my Hotlist. I've tried setting the status field to cancelled but the task still appears in my hotlist. Does anyone know a way of doing this (website and/or Toodledo iPhone app)?

This message was edited Jan 30, 2009.
Claudio

If you set the Status to "Canceled", you should be able to hide the task in any view (including the Hotlist) by going to Filters and clicking "Hide Deferred Tasks".
Also, you could set the Priority to -1 and then "Hide -1 Negative Priority".
Claudio

Uh, some more information, from this link: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=status

"One important thing to note is that status is divided into two groups. The active group and the deferred group. The deferred group includes tasks with a status of delegated, waiting, hold, postponed, someday, canceled or reference. Tasks that are deferred can be hidden by using the deferred filter."
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2009
You could also give it a -1 priority.
dan.fitzgerald

Posted: Feb 11, 2009
Thanks guys, I've set the priority to -1 as suggested
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.