ForumsQuestionsTasks inherit properties from Folder/Parent task

Tasks inherit properties from Folder/Parent task
t3mpbox

Posted: Dec 06, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
It will be great if tasks can use the same default properties(context, goal, location) as the folder they are created in or as their parent task (if they are subtasks). Now I have to do the same things for most of my new tasks because they have the same properties and it is really annoying.

Please add this feature.
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
If you go to your Settings page, under Tasks, Subtasks, you'll see an option to make subtasks inherit the characteristics of the parent.
t3mpbox

Posted by Salgud:
If you go to your Settings page, under Tasks, Subtasks, you'll see an option to make subtasks inherit the characteristics of the parent.

Thank you. Is there a way to do the same with tasks without parents in folders?

Ps. Parent inheretance does not work in IPad version.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2011.
Salgud

At this time, there is no Folder inheritance. I believe it is on "the list".
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
PeterW 

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by t3mpbox:
Is there a way to do the same with tasks without parents in folders?

A workaround: I often use the "Clone this task" method of adding a task, then just change the task name. This feature is on the 'actions' popup menu.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2011.
Kerber

Posted: Feb 02, 2012
Used the web site for 15 minutes and hooked so purchased the iPad app with excitement followed by disappointment re the subtask behavior or lack thereof. Now reconsidering my use and promotion of the app given the subtask functionality enhancements were requested over 1 year ago and Toodledo saying its on the to do list. Too bad.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.