ForumsQuestionsBuying Pro Version

Buying Pro Version
Bernd73

Posted: Dec 14, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

Toodledo looks really pretty impressive. Especially the support here in the Forums is excellent and way better than RTM.

I will try the free versions some more time and propably buy a Pro Account when some improvements to the gapps-gadget is done. Just a question to the price of the Pro version:

You write on the webpage to the free version:
"The basic Toodledo account is totally free (always will be)"

Hows about the price of the Pro version: 15 Bucks are fair but hows about the price in the future? When i subsribe now will it ever be fixed to 15 $ for me? So does the supscription now fixes the price for ever?
simon

From my own experience as a long term user you will never doubt that Toodledo is amazingly good value. In terms of support and reliability alone if it doubled in price it would still be cheap. Clearly, I don't speak for the company but it would seem like a pretty dangerous business model to fix your price forever.

Simon
Bernd73

Hmmm, from that point of view you are totally right.

Propably the subscription is prolonged on a yearly basis when you pay exactly the 14.95$:

This is a copy from the webpage:
Each purchase is good for a 1 year subscription to a Pro Subscription. Multiple purchases will extend your expiration date by 1 year for each additional purchase.

One is able to pay more so one can buy subsciption for the next years if he wants.

Furthermore the website says:
"This is a one time charge. You will not be automatically charged again when your subscription expires."

Iam wondering, what happens to my all my subtasks, when the subscription ends?
simon

I don't know the answer to that, I never let it end ;) I usually have a year or two in hand. Over the years I have come to completely rely on Toodledo and it has never let me down. Nor, with all the many questions and problems on this forum have I have heard of someone losing data. So, once it becomes your main, trusted repository, it makes sense to me to commit and pay a year or two up front.
On a slightly different note, as you start using it I would offer one bit of advice. There are many alternatives to Toodledo out there but the USP with TD is that it almost doesn't have a system. Instead it is incredibly flexible, allowing the user to mould it to suit. This can be daunting at first. It's usually safe to assume that as your personal system develops and you require more features, they are in there somewhere or someone here has a workaround. Many of the people on this forum are aware of or have tried other products, myself included. I always end up back with Toodledo.

Simon
Purveyor

Posted by Bernd73:
I am wondering, what happens to my all my subtasks, when the subscription ends?
In the list of Help topics here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php
there's an area called Billing, and there's "What happens when my Pro subscription expires?"

It says:
If you have subtasks, and your subscription expires, all of your subtasks will be flattened out onto the same level as your tasks. They will no longer be nested inside of their parent tasks. When you renew your Pro subscription, your subtasks will regain their previous hierarchy.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have never raised our prices so far, and we have no plans to do so, but we may at some point in the future. If/When we do it will probably be the same price for everyone. So, if you want to lock in your lower rate, you can buy multiple years.
Bernd73

Posted: Dec 15, 2011
Oh-oh,

i have did it and upgraded to Pro and i haven't regret it so far.

The more i use toodledo the more i like it. There are some things which iam missing here and then but this is propably since i have to get more familar with the system.

ByeBye RTM.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.