ForumsQuestionsPop up Reminder on iphone

Pop up Reminder on iphone
paulinder.a

Posted: Feb 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, Wondering if its possible to have a popup reminder for a task? In Outlook if you put a reminder on a task I get the reminder window pop up. I was on Windows Mobile and had this function, can ToDo do this? I see you had Flexible reminder on your Todo list in Apr 2008 wondering if you can explain how to do this or it can even be done.

Great app by the way.
Cheers,
Paul
fimwat

I understand that the iPhone/iPod firmware currently doesn't allow third-party app's to run in the background to allow for this.

I wondered if it might be possible to work around this issue by setting up alarms through calendar synchronisation. I have my toodledoo calendar synchronized to the iPod calendar via iCal subscription. It would be great if alerts could be set up for each event and transferred to the iPod in this way.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, Apple does not allow third-party popup reminders and they do not allow access to the iPhone's calendar to do so either.
paulinder.a

Posted: Feb 09, 2009
If I add a due date to the task will I get a pop up telling me I have something due? Or would I have to go into the app to find out?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 09, 2009
Unfortunately, Apple does not allow third-party applications to make popup reminders. So you will need to go into the app to find out.
paulinder.a Post deleted
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.