ForumsQuestionsLink Folder to Context

Link Folder to Context
Scott Florack

Posted: Feb 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I understand the concept of both folders and contexts, but feel that it's somewhat redundant (at least for my use).

For example, I use folders to group work projects (tasks) together. Likewise, I have folders to group home projects together. Let's say I add a task to fix the bathroom sink -- I have to select the folder (which is already limited to home projects) and then the context. I realize I can turn off contexts, but like the idea of having tasks listed only if I'm at that location (work/home).

I would like to setup a default context when I create a new folder. That way, I still can use contexts as intended without lots of extra steps. Also, it would be neat if I could put my work hours in a configuration screen so that Toodledo only lists contexts based on where I am.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 05, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
tntjr

Posted: Feb 06, 2009
For me, I like having both contexts and folders. Sometimes I'll do work related tasks at home, or vice versa, so it's nice to be able to categorize that way.
Scott Florack

I'm not suggesting remove contexts or folders. I'm suggesting that a folder have a default context that can be changed if needed.
jgallen23

+1 for that suggestion
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Feb 14, 2009
+1 more for that suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.