ForumsQuestionsNoob Question

Noob Question
WCGal

Posted: Jan 28, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi y'all,

I bought an Ipad recently and in my 'happy appy party time', I bought the Toodledo app. I had no idea there was an online area for it.

Now I've entered a bunch of stuff in the app and I'm wondering if and then how I coordinate the two. Does that make sense?

In other words, if I were to do a Pro account here online, then enter stuff that way (online) rather than on the Ipad itself, how do they co-ordinate? Is this even possible.

Hope this is too dumb a question. Appreciate any help you can supply.
Cheers
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 28, 2012
Just go into settings --> synchronization on the iPad and enter your online account login details. Select when you want it to sync, e.g. on start, on exit, on edit or just leave it if you want manual (i.e. press the button to sync). All of your tasks will then by synced up to the server here. From then on, the iPad app remains in sync with the online site.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 30, 2012
WCGal

Posted: Mar 06, 2012
First let me say, however belatedly, thanks so much for the replies. I left on holidays shortly after my ?? and have just now gone searching for the answer. :-)

May I ask what the 'Force Device' and 'Force Toodledo' at the bottom of the page for Synchronization mean?

May I suggest that references in the help section which notate 'iPhone' be amended to read 'iPhone/iPad'?? I don't have an iPhone so never thot to look there.

Will this app work with an iPod Touch as well? Would be handy to be able to take iTouch to the grocery store with elist rather than the paper based one I usually leave lying by the broccoli. :-)

Would also be nice to have a 'getting started' section that hit the highlights as someone else suggested somewhere in the forums. I do find it a little confusing to figure out given I'm no longer a biz exec but simply an old retired housewife with a million things to remember.

Cheers
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 06, 2012
Posted by WCGal:
May I ask what the 'Force Device' and 'Force Toodledo' at the bottom of the page for Synchronization mean?

These buttons allow you to reset your data by forcing a sync from either website-->device or device-->website if you have problems. More is explained here:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=76

Posted by WCGal:
Will this app work with an iPod Touch as well? Would be handy to be able to take iTouch to the grocery store with elist rather than the paper based one I usually leave lying by the broccoli.

Yes, it will work on iPod Touch. The only difference is that the sync will only work while you are connected to a hotspot.

This message was edited Mar 06, 2012.
WCGal

Posted: Mar 10, 2012
Again Peter - TYSVM.

Re: iTouch - you mention 'hotspot' -- now does that mean if I am at home with a wireless router, the sync will work? If so, does it work automatically or do I have to initiate it? If my grocery &/or buy stuff list is updated before I leave home, it really doesn't need ongoing update outside the home. As long as I can check stuff off when I get home and all devices are updated, that's all that really matters.

Once again, Thanks so much.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 10, 2012
It can sync over any wifi network, but it does not happen automatically. You will need to open the app on the iOS device and allow it to sync before you disconnect from your wifi network.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.