ForumsQuestionsSkipping Repeating Tasks

Skipping Repeating Tasks
jfgarnant

Posted: Feb 07, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I know this may sound very "noobish", but is there a way to skip a task I am repeating if I missed it? I do not want to delete and re input the task, as I think I have figure out.
Any help would be great, thanks.
Purveyor

This would be a nice feature but it is not currently available.

For now, your best choice is to change the due date.
JPR

You could also try the "Optionally On" modifer.

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42
Purveyor

That's even better! ;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can also edit the due-date and move it forward to the next occurrence.
cj

Actually, I have the same request too, but maybe have been a little embarrassed to ask. The "optionally on" modifier does not solve the problem in my case (and perhaps the original poster):
For example, if I have on my list a daily workout (a repeating task, daily, that also contributes to the goal "lose 25 pounds."... Or something like that) -- then, as expected and desired, the Workout task appears every day, and if I actually do the workout that I would like to check it off as complete (for the day), and if I didn't do the workout, I would like to check it off as skip or something like that. This way, I can see the "chain" accurately in the "organize goals" section...
if I use "optionally on" then two things happen: the skipped workout appears the next day as something that I should have done yesterday (e.g. A late task) as opposed to the current task of the day. Also, I believe the "optionally on" feature kind of screws up, when it comes to tracking the chain.
jfgarnant

Posted by cj:
Actually, I have the same request too, but maybe have been a little embarrassed to ask. The "optionally on" modifier does not solve the problem in my case (and perhaps the original poster):
For example, if I have on my list a daily workout (a repeating task, daily, that also contributes to the goal "lose 25 pounds."... Or something like that) -- then, as expected and desired, the Workout task appears every day, and if I actually do the workout that I would like to check it off as complete (for the day), and if I didn't do the workout, I would like to check it off as skip or something like that. This way, I can see the "chain" accurately in the "organize goals" section...
if I use "optionally on" then two things happen: the skipped workout appears the next day as something that I should have done yesterday (e.g. A late task) as opposed to the current task of the day. Also, I believe the "optionally on" feature kind of screws up, when it comes to tracking the chain.

cj...wow, you added that up quick. EXACTLY!!!
I use the Todo to get things done AND track.
Additionally, the "optionally on" doesn't help, but rather defeats the point.
Thanks for the responses though.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The "optionally on" option will automatically skip tasks that you didn't do and will correctly not mark the goal chain for tasks that you skipped. To get this to work, the task must have a due-date with the "optional" flag selected, and it needs to be a repeating task.
PeterW 

Posted by cj:
if I use "optionally on" then two things happen: the skipped workout appears the next day as something that I should have done yesterday (e.g. A late task) as opposed to the current task of the day.

No, it actually appears as a new task. At least it does for me.
Tee7

Posted: Feb 22, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Have to say I would like the option the skip repeating tasks also. Used it in the palm days. I don't want it automatically moved forward as the optionally on does. I may want to do the task within a day or so but if too much time passes, I would like to skip it with the push of a button without having to think about what due date I have to change the task to.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.