ForumsQuestionsWindows Mobile - Future

Windows Mobile - Future
kunicki

Posted: Feb 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
From a post in the past, it seems like the Toodledo crew has/had plans for windows mobile. Any chance of getting some clarification or plans regarding Toodledo on Windows mobile? Maybe a rich client like the iPhone?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 10, 2009
Sorry, we don't have an update. It's still on our to-do list.
kunicki

Posted: Feb 13, 2009
Well the reason I ask is this: I have started doing research to create a Windows Mobile program for Toodledo. I have a lot of experience with WM Dev and would like to have a offline version of Toodledo with me on the road.

However, I dont want to invest a great deal of time if you will release something in the next few months. So basically I would appreciate some indication so I don't proceed and waste a lot of time. Make you can send me a personal email.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 13, 2009
We have not started anything, so if you want to pick up the torch and run with it, that would be great. We'd be happy to provide assistance with the API if you need any.
dg

Posted: Feb 23, 2009
FYI...I'd be very interested in this and I don't mind paying a fee for useful software :-)

I'm a heavy user of Outlook Tasks which I keep sync'ed to my WM cell phone (AT&T Fuze). In fact, I tend to do a lot of interacting with my Tasks from the cell phone.

I tried the Toodledo.com/slim web interface and it was virtually unresponsive. I tried both the stock Pocket IE that comes with WM61. and Opera 9.5 (which comes stock on the AT&T Fuze)...and while both got past the login screen okay, that was as far as it went. Regardless of what I tried to do after that, Toodledo just didn't respond. Not sure why...but very disappointing.

So here's a +1 from me!
kenbeyond

Posted by dave:
I tried the Toodledo.com/slim web interface and it was virtually unresponsive. I tried both the stock Pocket IE that comes with WM61. and Opera 9.5 (which comes stock on the AT&T Fuze)...and while both got past the login screen okay, that was as far as it went. Regardless of what I tried to do after that, Toodledo just didn't respond. Not sure why...but very disappointing.

You need a ajax supported mobile browser like skyfire.

This message was edited Feb 23, 2009.
dg

Thx...I tried the toodledo.com/html interface and it works on Pocket IE and Opera mobile 9.5...but that just makes you want a native WM app all the more.
jdew

Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Posted by kunicki:
Well the reason I ask is this: I have started doing research to create a Windows Mobile program for Toodledo. I have a lot of experience with WM Dev and would like to have a offline version of Toodledo with me on the road.

However, I dont want to invest a great deal of time if you will release something in the next few months. So basically I would appreciate some indication so I don't proceed and waste a lot of time. Make you can send me a personal email.

Thanks

Hi

I'm playing with toodledo and the lack of a Windows Mobile native app is the one bit that's holding me back from jumping in with both feet. Have you had a chance to create this app?
Anders

There is still no WM app, and there has been no news for some time from the guy who was working on one. There are mobile sites: http://www.toodledo.com/slim and http://www.toodledo.com/html which work with certain WM browsers, but there is no way to get offline access on WM. You could sync with Outlook if you use it with the 3rd party sync tool, and then sync from there to Pocket Outlook tasks. The only other thing I know of on the horizon is that Pocket Informant has stated they will add support for syncing with Toodledo to their WM app, but they have not given any timeframe for that. My recommendation would be to get an iPod. I use a WM phone, and an iPod touch, and I love the combination.
jdew

Posted by Anders:
There is still no WM app, and there has been no news for some time from the guy who was working on one. There are mobile sites: http://www.toodledo.com/slim and http://www.toodledo.com/html which work with certain WM browsers, but there is no way to get offline access on WM. You could sync with Outlook if you use it with the 3rd party sync tool, and then sync from there to Pocket Outlook tasks. The only other thing I know of on the horizon is that Pocket Informant has stated they will add support for syncing with Toodledo to their WM app, but they have not given any timeframe for that. My recommendation would be to get an iPod. I use a WM phone, and an iPod touch, and I love the combination.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been experimenting with the /slim and /html sites on a variety of WM browsers but I'm finding them just too slow and unresponsive to be useful.

I do have an iPod touch but it's been taken over by my wife. ;) Actually, the reason I got a smartphone to begin with was so I would only have to carry one device. I had been carrying around a Palm and a cell phone and a digital camera and it just got too cumbersome ... especially in summer when I don't have as many pockets!

So, I'm back to square one...
cybe

Posted: Sep 21, 2009
Just one more vote for a Windows Mobile client.
Seb F.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
And then you have another vote for this WM app'.

I have a poor experience in prog... But if you need an hand, I am here :-)
Anders

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
It looks like someone is working on a WM app right now: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/3296/0/windows-mobile.html
Someone else mentioned that they were planning something, but I can't find that thread anymore.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.