ForumsQuestionsAccount deletion time?

Account deletion time?
Garrett

Posted: Feb 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using the iPhone Toodledo app since I opened my account quite a few months ago. In general, I don't actually use the web page to access my tasks at all. The app is on my phone and my phone is always with me, so no need to login.

Today, I loaded it up because i was already on the computer... well to my surprise my login didn't work!

I tried to reset my password, and there was no record of my email... I even checked the sync settings on the app to make sure I was using the right email... I was. My account had been deleted!

To test this theory, i signed up using the same e-mail, and got a brand new account... :(

So my questions are:

1) Is there an account usage deletion timer? It would make sense, but I couldn't find it in the help section...

2) Does syncing with the iPhone app reset the deletion timer? My experience would seem to indicate it does not... I would consider that a bug!

3) I can't seem to force my tasks to sync back to the website, even using that specific button on the app... I suspect it might have to do with my unique ID, but I even tried re-saving my login details... I got the two new "starter tasks" imported into mine, but my tasks didn't get pushed back to Toodledo...

Scary to think my tasklist hasn't been backed up like I thought this whole time :(

Update: I deleted the two starter tasks on the iPhone and synced and the two starter tasks cleared out of my Toodledo page too... so now there are 15 tasks on the iPhone that somehow dont exist to Toodledo... maybe because they are older than my account? Who knows.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 17, 2009
Toodledo never deletes accounts due to inactivity. The only time accounts are deleted is when the user specifically chooses to delete the account and follows the multi-step deletion process.

I'm not sure why you were unable to login, but I suspect it was because you never followed through with the account creation at the beginning and that you never actually had syncing properly set up. Were you ever able to sign into the website?
Garrett

Posted: Feb 21, 2009
I had signed in numerous times over the last few weeks and synching had been working fine
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Maybe you changed your login email address or were signing in using a different account?
Garrett

Posted: Feb 22, 2009
Nope, even copied the e-mail I used from the sync settings login page on the iPhone app
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 23, 2009
I can guarantee that accounts are never deleted unless a multi-step process is initiated by the user. So, my only other guess was that you were using a different account by accident. If you are sure that this is not the case, then I am afraid that I am out of ideas.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.