ForumsQuestionsShow only tasks due today or earlier

Show only tasks due today or earlier
alx

Posted: Apr 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

today, I revisited Toodledo after quite a while, and couldn't find a way to display tasks that are due today or earlier (i.e, due and overdue tasks in one view). There's no generic view or filter for that, and no way to customize the hotlist in that way (you cannot get rid of "top" priority tasks due in the future in the hot list).
Very strange.
One of the first benefits of an electronic to-do list that comes to my mind is the ability to carry over overdue items to "today" (without being distracted by future tasks).
You should add that, preferrably in the hotlist and in a way that's usable in the Google (Calendar) and Netvibes widgets as well.
Sorry if I missed something, but this really makes me scratch my head.

Alex
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 21, 2008
If you go into the "Due-date" view you can switch back and forth between "overdue" and "today". If you really need them in the same list, you can do this in the search section. Just do a search for tasks with a due-date between some date long ago, and today. You can even save this search so you can come back to it quickly in the future.

Hope that helps
alx

Posted: Apr 22, 2008
Thanks for the answer, but that's awkward and doesn't work in the Google Calendar widget at all.

Of course, I can switch back and forth between "overdue" and "today", but that's not what I want. And I don't think my request is very exotic, as it's exactly what most to-do lists display at the same time.

Sorry for being annoying.

This message was edited Apr 22, 2008.
tarch

Posted: Apr 22, 2008
I agree with alx. Working previously with Vitalist, they broke down the "All Tasks" views into sections, which allowed for easy viewing of overdue, today and beyond. I'd prefer a setup like this. Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 23, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.

Another way to do it is to go to the "All Tasks" tab and then sort by due-date. All of your tasks will then be grouped by their due-date with the overdue tasks at the top and the tasks due today lower down. Once you scroll down to tasks due tomorrow, you can just stop scrolling.
alx

Please no "beyond", or more precisely: Let me filter all future tasks (disregarding of priority) out of the view. You can easily have future tasks in the hotlist as is. It's the impossibility of filtering out *all* future tasks that bugs me. I'd even like to see more filtering options, like only certain contexts/areas/etc.

I'd also like to see a way to make the hotlist itself the default view. And a direct link in the navigation area at the left side to the hotlist.

Yes, I am thinking of the hotlist as my easily accesible, crucial action list. Think DateBk5 (for Palm) views, if you know that. Only seeing to-dos of context "office desk" and "phone" that are due or overdue, and knocking them off :-)

Filtering is so much better than sorting.

Edit: It looks like I was wrong. The filters for "all tasks" seem to be supposed to do exactly what I want (no idea whether they work in the GCal widget). The problem, is, they don't work (not for me, at least). They show all future items disregarding of hide/show setting. Context filtering does work, however (albeit only for one context at a time).

This message was edited Apr 23, 2008.
Qrystal

Maybe you just have too many things set as Top/High priority.

Or maybe you should check this helpfile:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

Lastly, once Toodledo has figured out their Multisort that they're working so very hard on, I'm sure it won't be too much of a stretch to add more customizability to the Hotlist (since that is pretty much just a glorified search).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.