ForumsQuestionsKanban Workflow/View

Kanban Workflow/View
mrsdustinlau

Posted: Jul 12, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
Guys,

Am using Kanban Flow for my current software dev project - it works for a huge group because there is a simple way for people to see in progress items according to the status.

I wonder if it is possible for you to add this feature as a view process....and a pomodoro timer while we're at it too :)

You guys have been my go to as pro plus member for 2 years - and have just renewed for the third year. This would make me love you forever - and make it possible for me to bring a 5 user dev team over to you guys.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
danredler

Posted: Aug 04, 2012
Score: 3 Reference
want to add my support for this feature (incl kanban flow integration)
mfoulds

Posted: Sep 25, 2012
Score: 2 Reference
I've also been playing with various Kanban tools and would welcome this: either a Kanban board, or a way of interfacing with a tool like Kanbanflow or Kanbanize.

With GTD, there is a great benefit in being able to dump everything into a trusted system. However this leads to a drawback that with a lot of tasks you can get overwhelmed, and also it is hard to visualise.

I have just switched to using ToodleDo as a kind of 'deep backlog', and then once per week I do the following:
1. Run a search in TDo for all tasks that fall into the current focus period (=Star or due date in next 5 days)
2. Mark as 'Active' any that I want to copy across into Kanbanflow
3. Create cards in Kanbanflow that match [3]
4. Use Kanbanflow to drive to completion, with sub-tasks

Then daily, reconcile the 'Active' list in TDo with what's going on in Kanbanflow.

The principle is to include only some tasks as cards on a Kanban.

Hope these thoughts help as inputs.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.