ForumsQuestionsSorting on iPhone

Sorting on iPhone
steve

Posted: Mar 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm just trying Toodledo on my iPhone. So far I haven't bought the iPhone App, and am just using the "slim" version of the website. When I try and sort by, say, Alphabetical" or "Tag" the items are sorted, but in reverse order (ie z to a, rather than a to z).
Is there any way I can reverse this, and is the actual iPhone App more flexible? (Apologies if this info is on the website - I have looked but without success.)

Many thanks in advance.

Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I just tried an alphabetical sort on our slim site and it was going from A-Z. Im not sure why it was going backwards for you. It must have been a fluke.

As for the iPhone, it also offers alphabetical sorting from A to Z.
steve

Thanks for the response. I've just added a lot of tasks and when I tried the alphabetical sort it worked fine!

May I ask if you have anything which sets out the differences, if any, between using the "slim" website on the iPhone and the iPhone App itself? (I have seen the iPhone page which says "Toodledo on the iPhone has most of the same functionality that you get from using our website, including:") but I'm not clear what's different on each?

Many thanks again.

Steve

This message was edited Mar 03, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Actually, compared to our iPhone app, I am not aware of anything that slim can do that the iPhone app can't. The iPhone can actually do more than the slim site, such as working offline, emailing tasks, etc.

The sentence you are quoting above is referring to our main site. The iPhone doesn't have sharing, file attachments and other things that our main site has. Slim doesn't have these either.

Hope that helps.
frossie

I have used both the slim web version and the native toodledo app on the iPhone. If you do use the iPhone to interact with toodledo on a regular basis it is really worth your while to get the app - the response time is markedly better, especially when you are not on a wireless network.

Not to mention it is very reasonably priced and the toodledo folks do more than enough to earn it.
steve

Posted by Toodledo:
Actually, compared to our iPhone app, I am not aware of anything that slim can do that the iPhone app can't. The iPhone can actually do more than the slim site, such as working offline, emailing tasks, etc.

The sentence you are quoting above is referring to our main site. The iPhone doesn't have sharing, file attachments and other things that our main site has. Slim doesn't have these either.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks, and to frossie. I've now purchased the app and am very happy with it.

Steve
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.