ForumsQuestionsAbility to make a subtask into a task

Ability to make a subtask into a task
Salgud

Posted: Aug 27, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I always assumed this was possible until I tried to do it this morning. I tried to click and drag a task out from under it's parent task and make it a task. TD wouldn't allow it. It would only allow me to make it a subtask of another task. Not a huge thing, but definitely a PITA. Is this on "the list"?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can turn a subtask into a task by dragging it out of it's parent and dropping it somewhere that is not on top of another task. For example, drag it to the left and drop it on the left sidebar. I just tested this and I was able to do it in Chrome and Firefox. If you can't this to work, please let us know what browser you are using.
Salgud

Thanks! I didn't try dragging to the left, which worked. I only tried up and down. It definitely doesn't work dragging it up or down as it never shows the thin red line between tasks (unless the adjacent task is a subtask), only the grayed task that it will become a subtask of. I'm using FF 14.01 in Win2000. But dragging to the left is good enough.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you want to drag it up or down, you need to drag it all the way up or all the way down off the ends of the list, otherwise it will be dropped onto an existing task.
JPR

Jake

Toodledo Founder
LOL. It happens to the best of us.
Salgud

What can I say... It's been a year! I need to do it more often. :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.