ForumsQuestionsDue Date

Due Date
sventhebrit

Posted: Mar 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi There,
I am using Toodledo, Toodledo iPhone app and the Outlook Sync tool.
I have noticed a strange issue with the due dates in relation to the Toodledo website and the Toodledo iPhone app.
I have approx 160 tasks in 6 folders. I have a number of task which are due on Mon 9th March and these are displayed on the website as Mar 09, 2009. On my iphone app, the date displayed is 8 Mar 2009(Sun).
This is the same for other tasks in the future too, all the dates are out by 1 day.
I updated a task (8 Mar 2009) on the iPhone and reset to the 9 Mar 2009 and it updated the main website correctly - so the sync is working. I then purged everything off my iPhone and downloaded all the tasks again -- the date remained correct on the website, but again it was now reset to a day earlier on the iPhone.
Tasks in the past and tasks occuring tomorrow seems to have the date set correctly on the website and the iPhone app.
Strange problem I know -- anyone else seeing it ?
Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 06, 2009
Please make sure that your timezone is set correctly on both this website and on your iPhone. Then make sure that you are using the latest version (1.4.1) of our iPhone app.

Hope that helps.
sventhebrit

Posted: Mar 07, 2009
Hi Jake,
I am using the latest version of the iPhone app 1.4.1.

In terms of time zone, the times displayed on both devices are correct.

iPhone, I cannot find the setting in the Toodledo app but the in my seetings I have 24Hr ON, Timezone London and confirm that the date and time is set correctly.

On the websute, Under account settings my Date/Time is set to M/D/Y and the displayed time is exactly the same of my iPhone.

Are there other settings I should be looking at ?

Thanks
Steve
sventhebrit

Some further info to replicate

Add multiple tasks to the Toodledo Website
Task for 4th March
Task for 5th March
Task for 6th March
Task for 7th March
Task for 8th March
Task for 9th March
Task for 10th March

Set the options so they appears in your No Folder tab.
Call up No Folder and then manualy change the Due date to 4th, 5th, 6th, etc respectively for each of the tasks.

Sync with the iPhone and check the "No Folders" for the newly created tasks.

See Pics and note the Tasks for 9th and 10th are incorrect.

http://i44.tinypic.com/s419c7.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/1f8c20.jpg

Regards
Steve

Edit Reason: Changed URLs and removed the table as it didn't format correctly

This message was edited Mar 07, 2009.
KatBoy

I'm getting the same problem as Steve - have tasks with a date of 9th March but on my iPhone the date has changed to 8th March. Date remains correct on the website interface. I'm in the same timezone (London) and have also double-checked:

iPhone set to correct date/time/timezone
Web interface set - ditto

I'm using ToodleDo app Version 1.4.1. This just started happening recently and I haven't changed any settings.
Regards,
CF

Hi there, I am also facing the same problem. The due dates of all my tasks appear one day earlier than those on the Toodledo website. Does anyone has the solution to this issue?
sventhebrit

I have created a support ticket for this issue - Ticket #595
Steve
tandsboyd

Same issue on my end!

Steve
iancowden

Posted: Mar 08, 2009
I have also noticed that overdue tasks are the correct date, it just seems to be future dated todo's
chris.wilson

I guess that my problem is related - it just started happening.

In my case an odd symptom is that the tasks are correctly shown on my PC under the "today" and "tomorrow" tabs but if I look under the "any date" tab both today's tasks and tomorrow's tasks are listed under today (although the dates against each task are correct).

On my iPhone tomorrow's tasks are also shown as due today.

I'm in Singapore. Timezones and clocks on my PC and iPhone are correctly set.

Look forward to any guidance. This application is a lifesaver!

Thanks, Chris
steve

Posted by chris.wilson:
I guess that my problem is related - it just started happening.

In my case an odd symptom is that the tasks are correctly shown on my PC under the "today" and "tomorrow" tabs but if I look under the "any date" tab both today's tasks and tomorrow's tasks are listed under today (although the dates against each task are correct).

On my iPhone tomorrow's tasks are also shown as due today.

I'm in Singapore. Timezones and clocks on my PC and iPhone are correctly set.

Look forward to any guidance. This application is a lifesaver!

Thanks, Chris

Just wanted to add a "me too".

I'm in UK, all timezones set correctly and the problem only started in the last day or so (only noticed it this morning).

My problem is as Chris outlines.

Hotlist also shows grouping as per "any date" i.e. some of tomorrow's items show tomorrow's date but are grouped under "Due Today".

(EDIT: Above is on web. On my iPhone if I go to Due Dates > Today, the offending "tomorrow" tasks appear there! They don't appear under Due Dates > Tomorrow, although most of Tomorrow's items appear there correctly.)
(EDIT Again: I've just noticed that some of the offending items now show a Due Date of 9 Mar on the Web app, but 8 Mar on the iPhone App? Also one of the offending items showing 8 Mar on the iPhone isn't now showing on the Desktop/Web app? Oh blimey!)

(FURTHER EDIT: It's Sunday 8 Mar. Now when I select the "Any Due Date" tab on the Web, items dated 8 & 9 Mar appear under "Due Today" and items dated 10 Mar (i.e. Tuesday) appear under "Due Tomorrow" (i.e. Monday!). Something's going badly wrong here. Incidentally, if I select either the "Today" or "Tomorrow" tabs, items show correctly - on the web, not the iphone. Sorry if this is getting long-winded - I'm just hoping that more info may help you to trace what's going wrong.)

I'm also synching with your iPhone App (if that's relevant).

Hope you can fix this.

Thanks.

Steve

This message was edited Mar 08, 2009.
Jeff

Ditto. I'm having the same issues described above by other users. If it helps I also use the iPhone app for most of my updates, and they only seem to be incorrect on the iPhone. The website pages look correct when I view them on my desktops browser.
tandsboyd

Does anyone know if this bug has impacted other iPhone Apps like "Todo" or is it just Toodledo's iPhone?

Thanks!

Steve
mrtim

The Toodledo web application is calculating the due date correctly, so it seems likely that this is a a bug in the iPhone app. But I sent an email to a friend I know who is using Todo to see how he's making out.

This message was edited Mar 08, 2009.
tandsboyd

Posted by mrtim:
The Toodledo web application is calculating the due date correctly, so it seems likely that this is a a bug in the iPhone app. But I sent an email to a friend I know who is using Todo to see how he's making out.

It would be great if you could post what you find. In all honesty I was looking for a reason to switch back to Todo for my iPhone because I like the UI much better. I am in the process of doing that but I don't want to set it up to sync with Toodledo if it is just going to do the same thing. I had switched to Toodledo because it supported subtasks, but find I am not really using the feature.

Thanks much!

Steve
roddyt

I just discovered these same issues now, it wasn't a problem when I read these reports yesterday. I'm in the Boston area, so it seems as the problem is making its way across the globe.

As for the "one day off" on the due date issue. I did a complete purge. Upon re-sync, the dates are correct again. Although I see that Steve purged his data and that didn't seem to work for him. It did work for me, so go figure.

I am also having the "tomorrow" dates listed under "today." That is on both the web and iphone.

Finally, to answer the last question, the dates on Appigo's ToDo are fine.

Roddy
TM

For me,

Web application = off date sorting
Appigo's ToDo = proper date sorting (just did a sync to be sure)

TM
mrbancroft79

I'm getting the same problem. I don't have an iphone.
tandsboyd

Posted by tamieca:
For me,

Web application = off date sorting
Appigo's ToDo = proper date sorting (just did a sync to be sure)

TM

Thank you!

I just purged all tasks from Toodledo web version (after printing them out) and then set up Todo to sync with Toodledo web version and did a sync and all is well. This morning I had re-downloaded Todo to my iPhone and manually entered my tasks from Toodledo web version so that I could get a fresh start.

All is good....for me anyway!

Steve
steve

Just wanted to add an update following my earlier post, and some experimenting.

My iPhone is set to use the 12 Hour clock. I'm aware that Appigo's "Todo" iPhone app has a problem if the 12 Hour clock is used, but Toodledo was previously working ok.

I just tried changing my iPhone to 24 Hour clock, and the tasks then all showed correctly!? I have now switched back to the 12 Hour clock and the items are still showing correctly but I don't know whether this is permanent. It hasn't corrected the offending items on the Web though.

Steve
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.