ForumsQuestionsBackup/Restore > 4 MB?

Backup/Restore > 4 MB?
jsmail63-reg

Posted: Sep 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi..I'd like to make complete backups of my Toodledo data, but see there's a 4 MB limit on the "Restore" file upload.

My backup files are a bit over 4 MB..so, is there a way to backup and restore an entire account with more than 4 MB of data?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 29, 2012
4MB is a tremendous amount of data. Probably more than 5000 tasks with long notes. If you need to restore a file larger than this, please create a support ticket and we can assist you.
jsmail63-reg

Posted: Oct 01, 2012
Thanks, Jake. I'm a Pro user with several years of historical data that I want to keep (account history and other things - I'm in Tech Sales). So, there's probably well over 5,000 tasks dating back quite a while - most of them completed and there for historical reporting and search purposes.

I 'only' have 200 or so active tasks - but I want to make sure to backup my entire account as I have literally YEARS of data in Toodledo. So, if there's a better way that I should be doing backup, could you plz let me know?

It somewhat freaks me out that my entire work 'life' is in Toodledo and there doesn't appear to be an easy way to archive and restore if needed.

Thx..
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 01, 2012
You can always backup your data, no matter how big it is. If you ever need to restore it and the file is larger than 4MB, you can contact us via a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you. Larger than 4MB and our servers have a hard time processing the file. Less than 1% of people have this many tasks and so far nobody with this many has ever need to restore, so we haven't spent time on increasing the limit yet.
jsmail63-reg

Posted: Oct 02, 2012
Ahhh..OK. Sounds like a good option, and glad to hear that the backup does indeed capture everything in my account. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.