ForumsQuestionsAutomated backups?

Automated backups?
max

Posted: Oct 03, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hi there

Is version control backup of users' tasks included in the roadmap? Although I backup weekly, it would be good if there were more frequent automated backups as well. I'd be happy to pay for this facility.

Evernote, for example, take an image every couple of hours which has got me out of trouble a number of times.

Max
ChristianDiscer

Yes, automated backups would be a nice feature for Pro & Pro Plus users. Also...

(1) The ability to store backup files to online storage services (e.g. dropbox, sky drive, etc.)

(2) Use the full "CENTURY" to the default backup file name.

Current default: toodledo_back_120601.xml
Proposed default: toodledo_back_20120601.xml

Thanks.
Purveyor

Score: 0 Reference
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
The ability to store backup files to online storage services (e.g. dropbox, sky drive, etc.)
Not sure what you mean here.

You have this ability now, don't you? Just save the backup file to a Dropbox folder or SkyDrive folder on your computer.
ChristianDiscer

Posted by Purveyor:
Posted by ChristianDiscer:
The ability to store backup files to online storage services (e.g. dropbox, sky drive, etc.)
Not sure what you mean here.

You have this ability now, don't you? Just save the backup file to a Dropbox folder or SkyDrive folder on your computer.

Yes, but it's a manual process. I'm talking about having toodledo do an automatic backup at some specified scheduled date/time to an online storage service. No intervention on my part is needed.
Purveyor

Sorry, that sounds strange to me. Are there other websites that provide automatic backups to Dropbox or SkyDrive for each individual user's data?

Seems to be more difficult and error-prone compared to implementing a new backup service using Toodledo's servers.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We plan to implement automatic backups in a future update. It will most likely be a Pro Plus feature since it will utilize storage on our servers.
ChristianDiscer

Score: 3 Reference
Posted by Jake:
It will most likely be a Pro Plus feature since it will utilize storage on our servers.

Pro Plus - Thought as much, due to the "10GB file upload" feature.

This was my lame attempt at getting automatic backup capabilities for pro accounts using external online storage services. ;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That may be an option as well
philip.stoop

Posted: Jan 22, 2013
Adding my vote.
i.e. daily automatic backups to user's existing Dropbox account.
See Workflowy, they have this as a feature on their Pro subscription: https://workflowy.com/?ref=db02a75

Many thanks!
P
Salgud

Posted: Jan 22, 2013
Just curious, what percentage of TD users have a Dropbox account? I do, but I'll be the majority don't. Seems to me a backup to a designated directory would make more sense to more users.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.