ForumsQuestionsCan't create Permanent Link

Can't create Permanent Link
Salgud

Posted: Nov 19, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
This is the third time in as many weeks that I am unable to create a Permanent Link. I rarely complain here, but this is getting frustrating. This hasn't happened this many times in the past year, but now it's happening frequently. Is there something wrong with the servers lately? Have others been experiencing this, or similar, problems?

In a little while, I'll come back and try again and it'll work fine, but I'll have to write down what I was going to do so I don't forget it, which is the whole point of TD - not having to actually write down my task list. I just used the Permanent Link feature a few minutes ago and it worked fine!

Using Chrome 23.0.1271.64 m on WindozeXP.

I just tried it again before finalizing this posting, and it still doesn't work unless...

I do an F5 to refresh, and then the Permanent Link appears instead of refreshing the page I was on. So anybody know what's going on here?

This message was edited Nov 19, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have not encountered this problem. Can you please explain exactly what happens when you click "permanent link"? Does it just refresh the page? What page are you on when this happens?
Salgud

Thanks for your prompt reply, Jake.

Nothing happens, some of the time, when I click "Permanent Link", but it seems to be exclusive to the first project in the list, that I just created. This is in a Saved Search of "Active Projects", which is filtered to show only parent tasks, but not Meetings (filtered out based on a tag) or other tasks w/ subtasks not considered "Projects". I can send more specifics or even a screenshot of the filter criteria if it will help.

In any case, it is very intermittent. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the screen not properly refreshing when I click on Permanent Link because if I hit F5, the permanent link shows up.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.