ForumsQuestionsImportance view shows far-out tasks

Importance view shows far-out tasks
jpv2112-s

Posted: Dec 05, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I have annual tasks that are of high priority, but I cannot do them but once a year (e.g., taxes). I have the start date and due dates of such recurring tasks far in the future, but they always seem to show up near the top of my task lists when I sort them by "importance."

Has anyone found a way around this? I suppose I could reduce the "priority" to affect the algorithm, but that would simply be gaming the software and not a reflection of reality. I have also tried looking at "next 30 days" in the due-date view (also sorted first by importance), but I'd also like to see tasks that are 60/90 days out too--not just 30.

Incidentally, the options under "view by due date" should, I believe, contain a few more options: (a) see what is due soon but don't ignore what is past due. A few times, I've found myself looking at my current task list and not noticing that I have overdue items (worst case scenario!) because TD puts them in a different view! (b) Next 60 days, 90 days (in addition to "next 30 days).

Love TD. Thanks!
Salgud

Score: 1 Reference
It sounds like you're not using Saved Searches. For most advanced users, this is the heart and soul of TD. So much so that many of us seldom venture away from them.

You can certainly create a Saved Search to filter for things like, "Before tomorrow" (everything up through today). There are a thousand ways to customize TD to meet your own needs and to see exactly the tasks you want.
jpv2112-s

Thanks for the TIP! I was completely unawares! This solves a lot of issues I was having.
jpv2112-s

But... unfortunately, it looks like these saved searches are not available on my iOS devices. Or am I missing it?
Salgud

Posted by jpv2112-s:
But... unfortunately, it looks like these saved searches are not available on my iOS devices. Or am I missing it?

Unfortunately, no, you are not missing it. Saved Searches are not available on the iOS version at this time. We have recently been informed that they are high on "the list".
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can also hide future tasks by using the filters: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=77
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.