ForumsQuestionsWindows 8 app

Windows 8 app
michaelwinick

Posted: Dec 09, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I love Toodledo on my iPad, but I am now using a Windows 8 phone and would love to use a native app. Any timeframe for supporting Windows 8 devices?

Thanks!
Purveyor

Posted: Dec 09, 2012
Take a look at this previous comment by Jake:
We do not have plans for this right now. Hopefully a 3rd party will make one on top of our API.
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/15347/0/windows-8-metro-app.html

This message was edited Dec 09, 2012.
Marymol78

Posted: Mar 25, 2013
would be useful and interesting to develop an app for Windows 8 with live tile that allows synchronization with Toodledo, like many app now available for Android and iOS
WilcoBis

Posted: Sep 21, 2013
Just want to let ToodleDo team that the lack of Windows Phone official app was one reason of my migration to Evernote...
Salgud

Posted: Sep 23, 2013
Let me ask the WinMo users a question. If you making your living as a developer, would you spend your time developing for a platform whose market share peaked a month or two ago at 10%, and has fallen to 6% since? Or for a platform hovering around 70%?

Just curious.
Purveyor

Posted: Sep 23, 2013
Salgud, where did you get "70%"? Do you mean Android or iOS?

And where did you get 10% and 6%?

From a recent Forbes article:
Android, used to power phones by Google, Samsung and others, is the most popular smartphone OS, and it expected to have a 75.3 percent share of the market by the end of the year, with that share dipping to 68.3 percent by 2017. Apple’s iOS, in second place, will have an estimated 16.9 market share by year’s end before climbing to 17.9 percent by 2017. IDC puts the share for Microsoft’s Windows Phone, which powers Nokia’s mobile phones, at 3.9 percent this year, and predicts it will rise to 10.2 percent by 2017.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2013.
Salgud

Posted: Sep 24, 2013
Purveyor, Since there already is an iOS TD app (so they don't need to develop one), and since Android's market share is around 70%, and there currently is no native Android app for TD, I meant Android. The 10% and 6% for WinMo I got from a recent article I read, can't remember where now.
Purveyor

Posted: Sep 25, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Salgud, take a look at False dilemma and Red herring.

In any case, Jake has decided not to develop an app for Windows Phone. That's a legitimate choice, as is the choice to spend time and effort developing Outlines and Lists instead of an Android app. There are many choices, "if you make your living as a developer".

And, many choices if you are a subscriber.

This message was edited Sep 25, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.