ForumsQuestionsFirefox add-on not on addons.mozilla.org

Firefox add-on not on addons.mozilla.org
garyo

Posted: Mar 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'd like to try the firefox add-on, but I can't find it at addons.mozilla.org, only from your site (which Firefox can't check for updates, security, etc. -- I generally try to only use extensions from a.m.o). Any plans to upload your extension to the official place?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2009
We updated it on the official Firefox website over a year ago. The problem is that there is such a large number of addons submitted and such a small number of reviewers, that only the very popular addons ever get reviewed. Our updated addon has been in their review queue for over a year.

If you use our direct install link you will get the latest version and you will always get the most recent updates.
Anders

Posted: Mar 17, 2009
That is crazy. By the time they post the Toodledo addon, FF may have updated again. Incidentally, I did see the new TD addon listed as experimental on a foreign language FF addon site (The official one, but just not the english one). I thought that was strange.

I realize one persons anecdotal evidence won't be likely to change someone's very reasonable policy of only using addons from the official page, but I have been using the TD addon on two different computers, both windows, but with very different setups, and I have not had any problems whatsoever. After the iPhone app it is probably my most frequently used interface for Toodledo.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.