ForumsQuestionsOutlook to Toodledo Sync

Outlook to Toodledo Sync
dlawseth

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
When I sync tasks between Outlook (2007) and Toodledo online, the sync seems to go only from Toodledo to Outlook. In other words, when I make changes to my Outlook tasks and then sync, Toodledo then forces Outlook back to the pre-change tasks. I'm tempted to delete all the tasks in Toodledo and start over, but I'm afraid that Toodledo will then sync my Outlook back to zero tasks. So, how can I ensure that a sync will respect changes both ways?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
For support with the Outlook Synchronization application, please contact the developer of that application at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
dbaldwin

I too am having issues syncing with Outlook (2003) using the ChromaticDragon software but don't find the answer in the help document. I am able to sync from Outlook to Toodledo. Also, I am able to sync from Toodledo to Outlook. When I do so, I see the new task appear in Outlook - but then it disappears in about 4 seconds... almost like an spam Email that pops into my inbox and then is moved to the spam folder. I am not able to find out where the tasks go (in Outlook) when they disappear from Outlook. during the next sync, they disappear from Toodledo also.

Any ideas. Otherwise I love it.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2009
We can't support third-party applications. You'll need to contact the developer.
martin.spriggs

Posted: Mar 20, 2009
It looks like Chromatic Dragon's site is not functional right now. Are they still in business?
dlawseth

Posted: Mar 22, 2009
I figured out that there are sometimes delays while the servers talk with each other; this is dependent on your setting for send/receive in Outlook and the frequency of automatic sync in Toodledo.

BUT, something just arbitrarly wiped out all my tasks on their website, then on my iPhone. I got to my Outlook and turned things off before I lost everything on Outlook too. I run a business that relies an extensive use of tasks, so I'm outta here until someone comes up with a more robust system. It's too bad that Apple hasn't (yet) included task sync in it's upcoming 3.0 OS.

Don
keef

Posted: Mar 23, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Chromatic Dragon is back online. I had some problems with my host provider that are now resolved.

Any deleted Outlook tasks should be in your Deleted Items folder, but if you are having problems please feel free to contact me at developer(at)chromadrake.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.