ForumsQuestionsShowing parent task in Status view

Showing parent task in Status view
Joost

Posted: Jan 22, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi fellow Toodledooians,

I use subtasks a lot. For example, I have a 5-step mini-project where the third step is "wait for John to review the document". So, I make a task with a few subtasks, one being "wait for John to review the document" with status "Waiting".

In the webinterface, I sometimes want to see all and subtasks with status "Waiting". I do this by clicking "Status" in the top left (View by), and then click "Waiting" below that.

This indeed shows all waiting tasks. However, for most of those tasks, I don't know by just the description of the subtask what the parent task is that this subtask belongs to. Just seeing "wait for John to review the document" doesn't tell me enough. This information is already in the parent task, but I don't see that. The parent task has status "Active", because this mini-project is active. I don't want to have to update the status of the parent task whenever I complete one of the subtasks.

I have played with all the task/subtask settings, even enabling "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible.", but I can't get the parent task to show up.

How can I accomplish this?

Thank you for your time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 22, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
The "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible." should have taken care of this. Can you please create a support ticket and attach a screenshot that demonstrates the problem in your account?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.