ForumsQuestionsHow to have repeating done ahead of time on calendar?

How to have repeating done ahead of time on calendar?
artexartex

Posted: Jan 27, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hey all.

I'm trying to get repeating tasks to show up in the future - like for a task I need to do every Monday, I want it to be on the calendar every Monday, without requiring a week to pass to show up on the following week. Similarly to Google Calendar and its repeating events. Is there a way to do this?
If not, is there a site that allows you to? RTM doesn't seem to either.

Thanks very much for any help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 28, 2013
This is one of the differences between a calendar and a to-do list. It isn't possible for a to-do list to have every future version of a task because the list would then have infinity tasks on it. We only reschedule tasks once you complete them.
artexartex

Thank you for your answer. I wish this wasn't true, and I think a to-do list CAN have this feature, even though I understand it isn't compatible with how the site currently functions.
Purveyor

Posted by Jake:
It isn't possible for a to-do list to have every future version of a task because the list would then have infinity tasks on it.
There's a big difference between infinity and a few years in the future. Actually, an infinite difference. :)

If it's not possible, how does a calendar handle it? It's a matter of creating a reasonable interval in the future. I have some repeating annual and monthly appointments in Google Calendar that I can view up until the year 2030.

For tasks, it seems to me that a year or so would be enough, but there would need to be a setting that allows the user to specify whether a particular repeating task shows up for all future instances or only for the next instance.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The other problem that I didn't mention is that Toodledo has a notion of "repeating from completion date" and since we don't know whey you are going to complete it (I wish we could predict the future :) we don't know when the next occurrence will be.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.