ForumsQuestionscolor coding

color coding
prm

Posted: Mar 27, 2009
Score: 6 Reference
Is it possible to user defined color cods to display the tasks under different PRIORITIES. Current color differentiation of priorities is not that good.
Example - RED for TOP Priority, GREEN - for HIGH priority YELLOW - Medium and BLUE for LOW etc
danb

Posted: Mar 28, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
I was just coming in here to make a similar suggestion... I'd like the ability to create rules that color code tasks by keyword, priority, due date, project, context, etc..
slamp

Score: 1 Reference
great idea.
Anders

Would be very cool. I fourth it.
melchizW

Posted: Mar 29, 2009
I'd like that also : )
Sytone

Score: 0 Reference
or even just some addtional class tags for each property and then the end users can add their own override.
garyo

me too! (Plus would save space if you could optionally *only* show the color block for priority, like rtm.)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
kenbeyond

Posted: Mar 31, 2009
Customizalbe color setting for both font and row background would rock
rich.holden1

Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Posted by prm:
Is it possible to user defined color cods to display the tasks under different PRIORITIES. Current color differentiation of priorities is not that good.
Example - RED for TOP Priority, GREEN - for HIGH priority YELLOW - Medium and BLUE for LOW etc

While this has note been touched since March 2009, and I'm a new Toodledo user (about 2 weeks, but I've become a devote fan!!!), this would be a great add/fix.

Concur that the current colors for Top and High are tough to differentiate. How hard to be able to choose your own colors for each of the priorities?

Thanks for a great product and hope to see it continue to improve.
alfykstar

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Is it possible to user different color to display the OVERDUE tasks under iPhone application , into All Tasks ? Thnks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 21, 2009
This isn't currently possible, but thanks for the suggestion.
cbernard

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Score: 3 Reference
I'm not new to Toodledo, but I'm a new PAID Toodledo user. It's good to see others looking for the same color coding function as I am....

All it would take is a box in the "Add task" interface that allows you to choose the color of the text or of the background....

Or a box that allows you to apply a color to contexts and/or to folders.

Some visual way to distinguish one task from another is essential and sadly missing...

Is adding it a possibility?
cshaw340

Posted: Jul 31, 2009
Speaking of colors, it would be great if the "Read Note" button on the bottom of the task view would change to a different color when there is a note present. Most of my tasks don't have a note so on the occasions when there is one it would be great if that button would change color.
Anders

Posted: Jul 31, 2009
The Note icon does change from a white icon with a green + symbol to a blue icon with a red line. Maybe the change is not dramatic enough for you?

Edit: Or are you referring to the iPhone app?

This message was edited Jul 31, 2009.
charles.mckeever

Posted: Jan 24, 2010
Posted by cbernard:
...Some visual way to distinguish one task from another is essential and sadly missing...

I agree completely. It would be great if I could visually divide blocks of tasks. At the moment they all run together in one big list. I have to mentally separate the list each time and there isn't value in that process. I know I can put them in folders or assign them context, but that doesn't allow me to see my overall to do list at a glance.

It would also be great if I could drag tasks and put them in order according to what I need to do next. At the moment I have to control task order by due date or priority and that is a bit tedious at times.

PS. I use the iPhone app mainly.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2010.
maritabix

Posted: Feb 03, 2010
I also would love to see some kind of color coding or visual grouping for items of the same context. I have been using this site to keep track of my work, home, & grad school tasks and colors would help immensely. I use the website and the iPhone app.
tisha.turk

Posted: Jun 18, 2010
Just adding my support to the idea of having color coding for contexts or folders. This was one of the most useful features of my previous to-do software, and while ToodleDo is in general an improvement, it would be even better with color coding!
graziano

Posted: Jun 19, 2010
I use Toodledo under Prism (not in a browser window) and with some hacking at javascript code I have the Top priority tasks in red background, High in yellow b/g , Medium in blue b/g, and other task left standard white b/g. Here is a sample: link to snapshot
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 20, 2010
Looks good.

There are also some user-developed Stylish scripts that color-code tasks based on priority and due/overdue status (Stylish is a free add-on for the FireFox browser).

Have a look here: http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.