ForumsQuestionsMobile interface Offline Sync Pending help

Mobile interface Offline Sync Pending help
krellan

Posted: Jul 19, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there!

I'm using the mobile interface, and it's rather nice.

Unfortunately, it has trapped my data.

A small pink bar at the top says "Offline. Sync Pending".

However, I'm online, and although things are slow, they are still working just fine. There was a momentary glitch on my end a short time ago, though.

There's no "Sync" button that I can hit!

How can I convince the mobile interface to disgorge its data, and make another attempt to upload it? It seems blocked/stuck, and there's no way to ask it to please make another attempt.

Please help? It has a lot of data entry I made recently, and I don't want to lose it.

There really needs to be a "Sync" button, or some way to give the user a chance to tell the page that the Internet has been fixed, and please try to upload data again, instead of holding it back for who knows how long.

Thanks!

Josh
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 19, 2013
It should sync automatically if you leave it open for awhile. However, you can also jump start it by refreshing the page.
krellan

Posted: Jul 20, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
Nice. It eventually synced, but it gave me quite a fright. What is the retry interval that it uses? It seemed to have gotten stuck.

Please consider adding a "Sync" button, so that the user can initiate a new attempt to sync, without having to wait out the retry interval, or risk waiting forever if the connection is lost in such a way that it never succeeds but never times out either (I see this a lot with browsers on bad Internet connections).

I didn't want to refresh the page, lest it lose the information in there. I had entered data that had not yet made it up to the server. If I were to reload, wouldn't I lose that?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 22, 2013
If you reload, the data would not be lost. It stores all the data on your computer for just this purpose. You could even shutdown your computer and sync later.
gastfriend.david_1...

Posted: Jan 07, 2014
I'm having the same problem...but no resolution.
I created the m.toodledoo.com mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Looks great, very easy to read & use. But...after I make edits to tasks, it indicates that it's "Offline" (it's not) and can't sync to upload the edits to my Lenovo T440S Windows 8.1 web-app Toodledo file. No amount of waiting or rebooting fixes this. What's wrong & how can I fix this? Thanks --David
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.