ForumsQuestionspostponing projects to later...

postponing projects to later...
bert

Posted: May 05, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
hi,

I'm trying to understand how I organize my tasks into projects, and then put projects on hold for a while until I feel I can start working on them again.

I see there is a priority field for tasks, and I thought I could make folders and subfolders, but I don't understand how to keep an overview of all the projects I should be working on at the moment.

thanks

Bert
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hi Bert,

I would suggest using tags to keep track of a project's status (hold, deferred, active, etc).

Hope that helps
bert

Posted by Toodledo:
Hi Bert,

I would suggest using tags to keep track of a project's status (hold, deferred, active, etc).

Hope that helps

ok. this is one solution, but the problem is that when I want to start working on a collection of projects, I have to start editing all the projects one by one to update the tags?
bert

Posted by Toodledo:
Hi Bert,

Hope that helps

also, is a project with multiple tasks a folder or a task with subtasks?

if it is a folder, there is no way to tag it ...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you use folders for projects, then you are right that you cannot tag it, but you could go into the folders section and move that folder to the bottom of the list, which will cause it to appear further down and may help with prioritization.

If you use tasks with subtasks as projects, then you could update the tag or priority of the task. We have considered making tags and priority cascade down to the subtasks in some way, and we are also considering a bulk-edit tool to provide for an easy way to modify a bunch of subtasks at once.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.