ForumsQuestionsSuggestion

Suggestion
mark_1337909683

Posted: Aug 02, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Win7-->gSyncit-->iOS

When at the gym and on an aerobic machine, the > blood flow to my brain seems to stimulate thinking. IOWs I'm constantly coming up with new tasks, task modifications and web snippets--so I turn sync off to allow for my constant open, closing and task change within the app.

With sync off I would expect there to be no app hesitation in allowing a New Task upon opening the app. However, it seems that the app, with sync off, wants to check back with you before allowing the New Task button to work--or at least that's the impression I get for the app not immediately responding to the button.

In summary, if all sync is turned off, shouldn't access to the New Task button (or the settings button) be instantaneous?

Mark
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 02, 2013
You should be able to access all parts of the app instantaneously regardless of the sync setting. I believe the app is stalling for a few seconds because it is trying to schedule alarms and calculate due-dates. We are looking into this.
mark_1337909683

Posted: Aug 05, 2013
FYI--the app is unresponsive during sync (that's why I turn same off at the gym). But I presumed the app couldn't do both sync and perform at the same time so I didn't mention this in my post.

If sync is on and I can Add a Task before sync starts then the typing will stall and type ahead characters will be held in the buffer until sync is complete otherwise if sync had started before and I hit the button and then attempt the button, the button is unresponsive until after sync completion.

Mark
Jason Bushell

Posted: Aug 05, 2013
What phone are you using?
mark_1337909683

Posted: Aug 06, 2013
The cellphone that I'm currently using is the iPhone 4.
mark_1337909683

Posted: Aug 06, 2013
There's one other related possible problem that I'd like to report given that my earlier post in this thread appeared to possibly make sense.

I'd swear that the 'time to sync' has significantly increased seemingly as a function of a recent iPhone app update.

When the sync bar goes solid and the text says 'complete' the solid bar will sit there for at least 5 seconds (I haven't gone so far as timing it so the time is a gut impression).

EDIT: Please disregard this post. I checked the sync at home adjacent to the WiFi router and the sync performed correctly. The problem I referred to must be location related.

Mark

This message was edited Aug 06, 2013.
Jason Bushell

Posted: Aug 07, 2013
OK. I also have an iPhone 4, and find that in general its not as fast as it once was.

TD still works pretty quickly though.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.