ForumsQuestionsDue dates for tasks/Subtasks

Due dates for tasks/Subtasks
goldeneaglescoaching

Posted: Sep 03, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Here's my scenario. I want to be able to set specific weekly tasks (i.e. clean the kitchen should occur every Thursday).

Based on that parent task, there would be subtasks with different due dates.
(i.e. clean the oven once a month, declutter cabinets quarterly).

Is there a way to set the due date for the subtasks dependent on the date for the parent task? For example, Oven clean will only show up on a Thursday (the day the parent task is due)?

Also, If I click that I have completed the parent task (on Thursday), it says it will check all the subtasks as being completed. Is there a way around this? I don't want the cabinet organization checked as completed because this might not be the month I do that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 03, 2013
This is not yet possible. It is a feature that we are calling "task dependency" which is still on our to-do list.
jwp168

Posted: Oct 01, 2013
I am looking to set the due dates to be set for subtasks based upon the task date. e.g. the task is due to be completed on the 21st and I want a subtask to be set for the 14th (i.e. the main task due date minus 7 days).

Can this be done?

This message was edited Oct 01, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 01, 2013
Automatic relative due-dates are not possible at this time. You will need to maintain the dates manually. Sorry.
gary_wilkinson

Posted: Oct 15, 2013
I'm trialling out Toodledo using the 14 day Gold subscription, deciding whether to go with this or stump up for Omnifocus. So far, Toodledo is great for what I want, but the one thing missing for me is task dependency.

Looking back through this forum, it looks like it's been on the to do list for a few years. What are the timelines on slipping this in? It would make this a killer suite, and would probably convince me to sign up for a subscription!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 15, 2013
Task dependency is a very complicated feature to add to Toodledo, both on the programming side and on how to implement the user interface in an intuitive way. It is on our to-do list but we have not started and we do not have an ETA.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.