ForumsQuestionsUnexpected Behaviour in Task Editing and Navigation

Unexpected Behaviour in Task Editing and Navigation
Alan

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm finding that editing tasks could be simplified if the web application observed some standards in terms of navigation.

First of all, for fields with a drop-down box, users should be able to type the first letter of one of the possible entries and the drop-down should jump to that selection. Typing a different letter should then move to a choice that commences with the new letter. For example, for my folders, if I type "O" it should jump to Office (usually does), but if I wish to change my choice to Home, I should be able to type "H" and it will jump to that selection.

Similarly, the back-tab (SHIFT-TAB) should allow the user to go backwards when moving from field to field. This does not work.

Can these features be enabled?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The first one is a feature of your web browser, not Toodledo. You need to highlight the drop-down box first, and then you can type to select. If you type an O and then need to change it to an H, you need to wait a few seconds for it to clear, otherwise it things you are typing "OH" and will look for a folder that starts with OH. Maybe that is why it isn't working for you.

Shift-Tab backwards navigation is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.