ForumsQuestionsAlarms going off incorrectly!!

Alarms going off incorrectly!!
neiljames7

Posted: Sep 06, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I have Tasks defined with start and end dates/times (they are both the same criteria)

I use it for work and expediting suppliers.

The scenario is I have an alarm set for an item which is due to go off soon. However, I get notice from the supplier of a change. As a result I make an update to my notes and revise the start/end date/time details to either a later time or another date.

The problem is even after doing this, and performing a sync the alarm STILL goes off as it was originally defined within that day.

I haven't proven it, but I have a theory that the alarms are defined overnight and any changes within the same date don't get applied - therefore, if you change something within the current day it will not get revised in the background, ie, it will still go off.

Can you please advise as this is frustrating!! especially if I make lots of adjustments as I have alarms going off that I have already dealy with, and as such is wasting time instead of saving me time.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 09, 2013
Are you referring to the alarms that go off inside our iOS app? If so, do you have alarms set to come from the device or from our website?
Chris

Posted: Sep 10, 2013
I have what seems like the same problem - I have several tasks that repeat every day and have an alarm. Say I mark Task A complete via the website long before the alarm is due to go off, and subsequently sync my iOS app (still long before the alarm), the iOS alarm will still go off when the time comes, even though it knows that the task has been completed. I have iOS alarms set to come from the device.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 10, 2013
Do you have alarms set to come from the device or from the website? If you change the setting, does it make a difference?
Chris

Posted: Sep 14, 2013
I have them set to come from the device (as mentioned) - I did try the other way back when it first came out, but had some problems with it, the exact nature of which I can't remember now, so went back to the old way.

I'll try again over the next little while and see whether the problem occurs with alarms coming from the website.
neiljames7

Posted: Sep 19, 2013
Hi Jake,

I have Alarms set to come from the Device as recommended.

I will change and have it from Website to see if anything changes.

It is just a phaff!! in that I spend time in a desktop checking alarms as I deal with them. I then update the Iphone and it applies the changes.

However, when the time comes the reminder 'still' goes off even though it shows as being changed, or even completed! Which means I am having to maintain it again.

I will see how the revised alarm setting impacts on its operation and advise.
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Jan 10, 2014
Posted by Chris:
I have what seems like the same problem - I have several tasks that repeat every day and have an alarm. Say I mark Task A complete via the website long before the alarm is due to go off, and subsequently sync my iOS app (still long before the alarm), the iOS alarm will still go off when the time comes, even though it knows that the task has been completed. I have iOS alarms set to come from the device.

Found this thread because I've had the same problem for a long time.

iOS app is set for "task alarms come from device"

I'll (1) complete a task online (normally a repeating task) BEFORE the alarm triggers then (2) sync the iOS app. However the alarm still triggers at original time. (3) When the task is displayed by the app the date shown is for the NEXT instance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 10, 2014
Thanks for the detailed bug report. We will look into it. You may want to switch your alarms to be "from website" which should alleviate this syncing problem.
jllee

Posted: May 13, 2014
I'd like to ask if the issue mentioned in this thread will be solved. Tasks update in website, even after sync to iOS app, notification still pop-up at original time at my phone. I know I would change the setting to receive alarm from website, but I think the clock of your server is 3 min faster than normal. So I will receive the alert 4 min before the due time when I set the alarm as "~1 min before." Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2014
This will be fixed in the next update.
jllee

Posted: May 14, 2014
That's great! Thank you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.