ForumsQuestionsiphone view of subtasks under parent

iphone view of subtasks under parent
clark

Posted: Sep 22, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I recently switched from Todo iPhone to Toodledo, primarily to get to use Status better and stop having to use Tags if I don't want to. The painful part is not seeing my subtasks under the parent.

I've searched the forum and apparently there is no way to get that view? Everything is a mini project and I leverage the Subtasks to illustrate that. Am I missing something or is this something Toodledo is still working on as reported in 2009, per the forum?

I'll tweak my usage process if I can get this view I just don't know how. Thanks,
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 23, 2013
There are two ways to view subtasks on the iOS app.

1) Inline (like a regular task)
2) Hidden (they will not show up in the list, but will be displayed inside the parent task on the parent's details page).

We have a 3rd option that is on our to-do list to show the subtasks on the task list, below their parent, but indented. This has been on our to-do list for awhile, it is complicated to have an indented row. I do not have an ETA, but it is on our todo list.
clark

Posted: Sep 26, 2013
Thanks for the response.

The Inline, is what I have set. The problem is, maybe the parent isn't on the list because it's not due. (I use parents as overall mini project with project due date). Anyway their all just jumbled in there hard to see the forrest for the trees.

Hidden isn't any good as it's the same but you don't see subtasks without finding the parent and then clicking through.

Either way it's 1,2, 3rd screen to get to list of SubTasks.

I don't really care if they are "indented" how about inline following the parent with a color change or grayed out or something.

I know it's been on the list for a long time, maybe too long:). I'm going to look back at ToDO and Thing other iphone clients to see if I can keep using the Toodledo status and context fields but get the Project view on the IPhone.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.