ForumsQuestionsAdding more HTML tags

Adding more HTML tags
diamantr

Posted: Oct 04, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
According to your FAQ, "Supported HTML tags include < b >, < i >, < a >, < ul >, < ol >, and < li >." Are there any plans to add any additional tags? I can understand not wanting to make things too complicated by making all tags available, but I would like to suggest a few basic ones that should be very helpful to a lot of people.

<u> This is as basic as it gets. If you have tags for bold and italic, you should have underline too. If you can only add one tag, this would be it.

<hr> Horizontal Rule. It's a lot easier than entering a lot of dashes.

<strike> strikethrough text. Not critical but does come in handy.

Thanks.

P.S. It would help to have a Preview option before posting. On my first try, it used the first tag that works and bolded the rest of my post. Putting a space between the letter and the < > did the trick, but it would have been nice to see what it would look like before posting it and having it be messy. Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
If you check out the "Text (long)" column in the Lists section you will see where we are headed with note editing.
diamantr

Posted by Jake:
If you check out the "Text (long)" column in the Lists section you will see where we are headed with note editing.

Sorry to be dense, but I don't know where to look for this. Are you talking about in the Forum? If so, I couldn't find anything about it. I clicked on the Lists tab at the top of the page and couldn't find anything there either.

I did try adding a new list, and noticed when I clicked in a field, a text editing box popped up with formatting tools. Is that what you're talking about?

Is this something that will only be available in the Lists section or will it be available in the Notes section too? If so, how will it affect syncing with the Notebook iOS App?

All I really want to do is to be able to sync notes between Toodledo and Notebook. When I do that now, only the html tags that you support sync successfully, the others don't work. That's why I was hoping that you could add < u > as a supported tag, I can live without the others. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 05, 2013
We plan to add more options for formatting text in the future. If you go to the List section and make a list and add a "Text (Long)" column you'll see an example of this. You can watch our tutorial video in the Lists section for tips on how to make this column and check it out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.