ForumsQuestionsMultiple task lists

Multiple task lists
yoasha385

Posted: Apr 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello all,

I need to manage several task lists where each task list is assigned to a different person. In my business there is a secretary who will solely manage the task lists for each employee.

Just to clarify the need: in Outlook for instance I would have created a tasks folder under 'Personal Folder' for each of the employees. The secretary would be the only one to manage these task folders.

How can I achieve this with Toodledo? (From what I saw, there is only one list per account and there is no 'owner' field that can be added to a task)

Thanks in advance,
Josh
Anders

Posted: Apr 12, 2009
I am not sure if I understand all the particulars of your situation. However, dividing one Toodledo account into several task lists could be achieved in different ways. You could use a separate folder for each individual, or you could use tags. If the problem is that you only want each person to have access to their own tasks while the secretary can access them all, that would probably be easiest with separate accounts for each individual which could all be shared with the secretary using Toodledo's collaboration options ( See here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php ).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 13, 2009
Yes, I agree with Anders. If you use one account and give everyone the password, it will be pretty easy for the secretary to manage everything. Of course, all employees will have access to everyone else's list, so this may not be what you want.

If you use our collaboration options, each employee can have their own private account and the secretary can be setup with permission to edit/add tasks to anyone's list.
yoasha385

Posted: Apr 13, 2009
Only one person will manage the tasks.. so the folder <-> person connection should work great.

thanks a lot.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.