ForumsQuestionsLists Question

Lists Question
david.bengtson

Posted: Oct 06, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Now that there is a Lists Tab, is there any documentation on what the "Lists (Pick One)" and "Lists (Pick Multiple)" columns are, and how I can enter data into them?

Thanks
Dave
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 06, 2013
We are still working on our documentation, but I'll explain here:

Lists (pick one) is a list that you can pick one value from, like our folder field in the Tasks section. The contents of the list are drawn from the items that you have already entered, so the list will be empty at first, but you can type in a new value at anytime instead of picking from the list. Just type the new option and click on it to select it.

Lists (pick multiple) is a list just like above in every way except that you can pick multiple values instead of just one, like our tag field in the Tasks section.

Hope that helps
BarbMN

Posted: Oct 07, 2013
Edited to add: nevermind, I found the answer.

Another lists question: are lists supposed to show up on my ipad app? or is this a coming update? I mostly use TD on my ipad, really need to see lists there if I start using this feature. Or am I just missing something? Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 07, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 07, 2013
Lists and Outlines are coming to iOS in a future update.
tstonebraker

Posted: Oct 16, 2013
I use lists a lot and I primarily use on my ipad and Android. Any idea on when lists will be added to the iPad and Android apps?

Also what workaround would you suggest?

This message was edited Oct 16, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 16, 2013
You can use lists on the iPad or other devices in the regular web browser. We are working hard to bring these to the native iOS app as well. I do not have an ETA, but it is in active development.
Ajit.Panickar

Posted: Oct 17, 2013
This is a good development.

I use email a lot to add tasks to Toodledo.

Any chance of using email to add stuff (eg. article references) to a particular list?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is unlikely that we will add emailing items into a List. I can't think of a good way for the email to know which list and columns to insert the data into.
prytog

You could give the user a list-specific email address, similar to how Trello provides a board-specific email address. As to how to deal with columns, maybe some simple parsing of a piped "|" subject line.
Ajit.Panickar

Posted: Oct 18, 2013
prytog's suggestion is a good one.

I work in a technology primitive environment where Internet access is quite restricted but you can email anyone you like, which is why this would be useful to me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 18, 2013
We will consider it. Thanks for the input.
Josh.w.howe

Posted: Mar 26, 2014
Have lists been added to iOS yet? Looks like the last comment was from back in October. Any update on when this is coming? THanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 26, 2014
We are working on it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.