ForumsQuestionsBetter Note Editor Needed!

Better Note Editor Needed!
Armin_1366038697

Posted: Oct 13, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I see in the forum that as fars back as 2009 people have requested a better note editor. It is really hard to grasp how an otherwise rich application is relying on HTML tags to get some basic readability into the notes.
I have upgraded to Silver a while ago because I really lik ethe task management, but I also need a workable solution for the notes part - Please!! A simple rich text editor is really not a big deal to implement.

For now, is there a way to import HTML notes from another application?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 14, 2013
We are working on adding a rich text editor to the notes section. Currently you can edit your notes in any application you want and copy and paste the resulting html into Toodledo.
dannyw0011

Jake, could you elaborate a little further on your comment? Editing a note in Word with bold, italicized, underlined, and bulleted, and then copying and pasting into a Toodledo note only brings across the bulleted items for me. Bold, italicized, and underlined text doesn't come across. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your reply.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You'll need to find an editor that can export html. Word wont do this. I dont know of one off the top of my head that can do this. Perhaps someone else here can suggest something.
ProBC

Posted: Oct 16, 2013
Although I have no idea of the underlying programming involved, it would seem like the addition of something like CKEditor wouldn't be that difficult to achieve on the form textarea element. Not sure why this would take nearly 4 years or more to implement?

While we are talking about notes, it sure would be nice to have better notes on tasks that use time/date stamps on each submitted note for a task, instead of one large textarea. A task should allow for an unlimited number of notes to be added to it, each with their own date/time/owner details.
Salgud

Posted: Oct 16, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
It's just their marketing strategy, which has been for the last year or more, to expand horizontally to add features like Outlines and Notes rather then to expand vertically and give more depth to the apps they already had. So now TD have become a Swiss Army Knife of unrelated apps, and I'm guessing it will take a year or two to integrate them. After that, we can at least hope that they will put some more serious effort into things such as enhancing the Notes feature and improving the Task Manager.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.