ForumsQuestionsMulti-Edit to edit tags without replacing previous values

Multi-Edit to edit tags without replacing previous values
Hadamard

Posted: Oct 27, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I need to add a tag to a set of tasks, via Multi-Edit, but without replacing the previous tag values, I just need to add new tags rather than replacing existing ones. There have been discussions on this topic for years now, but I am not aware of a solution yet.
Could you please tell me how I could proceed? Is this topic solved?

Thank you in advance.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 28, 2013
There is not currently a solution besides copy and pasting the new tag into each task. Sorry.
chr.ver

Posted: Oct 29, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
There's a Greasemonkey script that does just this. It adds a multi-edit box to each page where you can make a selection of your Toodledo tasks. On this set you can then execute several actions such as "Add Tag".
https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85745

Of course this comes without warranty as it is developed on top of the Toodledo page. That said, I use it quite often without any problems.
Hadamard

Posted: Nov 02, 2013
Hi Jake,

This is really basic functionality, when does Toodledo expect to add it?

BR
Jose Andres
Hadamard

Posted: Nov 02, 2013
Posted by chr.ver:
There's a Greasemonkey script that does just this. It adds a multi-edit box to each page where you can make a selection of your Toodledo tasks. On this set you can then execute several actions such as "Add Tag".
https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/85745

Of course this comes without warranty as it is developed on top of the Toodledo page. That said, I use it quite often without any problems.

Hi chr.ver,

Thank you for the hint, I will give it a try while I expect some action from Toodledo.

BR
Jose Andres
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2013
It is on our to-do list, but I do not have an ETA right now.
Hadamard

Posted: Nov 09, 2013
Hi Jake,

Thank you for your answer. As customer, it is a little bit difficult to understand that we cannot get a time frame where these kind of basic features will be ready. You may not give a precise date, but yes in which quarter. I always see the same kind of answer, the customer may not be fully satisfied with it.

Best Regards
Jose Andres
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 11, 2013
I understand that customers are not fully satisfied when I cannot give a date by which their request will be available. Here is why we do not give dates:

1) In software, it is notoriously difficult to predict development times. Something that I think will take 10 minutes, sometimes takes 10 days. And just as often something that I think will take a week gets done in an hour. For this reason…

2) We do not work with deadlines in our company and we do not schedule features for specific releases. Nor do we line up features in a 1,2,3 list of when we will do them. We have a more flexible approach that allows us to adapt to changing requirements and requests and to work on what we find interesting or important at the moment.

3) Because of these two reasons, any published release date would be entirely arbitrary and could give customers a false expectation and put too much stress on us to meet arbitrary deadlines. We produce better work when we are not stressed.

I hope you understand.
Hadamard

Posted: Nov 16, 2013
Hi,

I work developing LTE modems, so I can understand the complexity of developing SW and HW. What I do not understand is that you cannot give a rough estimation, e.g. 2014 Q2, or so.
Otherwise, the customer has no clue about what he could expect.

The approach of no giving dates is better for Toodledo, but not for the customer. There is trade-off between precision on the date and customer satisfaction.

BR
Jose Andres
Hadamard

Posted: Feb 15, 2014
Hi again,

I would appreciate to know whether there is some update regarding this topic.

Cheers
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 16, 2014
There is no update on this topic. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.