ForumsQuestionsConfusing UI: hiding task columns but viewing details separately

Confusing UI: hiding task columns but viewing details separately
Sasha B. Pushkin

Posted: Nov 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hello, I'm new to the product but have used dozens of productivity and task-management tools; I'm also a product design & UX consultant. Here's my concern/question:

I'd like to hide most columns in the Task list to reduce clutter and focus on the tasks' NAMES and maybe 1-2 other field. But when I *view* or *edit* a task, I want to see all the attributes (due date, duration, priority, folder, goal, etc). Why isn't there a View Task Details feature, which will pop up a window (like when adding a NEW task), and display all these attributes? And when I'm simply viewing a list of tasks, I'll hide and show what I want.

(Also, I just don't like editing the task "inline" - I really do want a Task Details popup, which I think puts you into a better mental mode of working ON THIS TASK).

Thanks!

This message was edited Nov 25, 2013.
Sabina A.

Hello,

You can activate the fields you want to use and then switch to multi-line format by clicking on this icon in the dark blue menu:

This message was edited Nov 25, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do not currently have a way to hide fields during display but show them during edit mode. This is on our todo list.
Sasha B. Pushkin

Jake, can you reuse the "New Task" window to also edit a task? It has all the fields we need. Then the list of tasks can hide/show whatever fields the user wants, and the Edit window will always display all the fields. Working with a huge list of tasks with many columns is like doing bookkeeping/finances, not exciting and overwhelming...

Sabina, I understand what you mean, but it's awkward to me.

Thanks for your feebdack.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 26, 2013
What you are describing is not how Toodledo currently works, but it is on our to-do list to explore in the future.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.