ForumsQuestionsThe new 'time' thing isn't working on a lot of my tasks

The new 'time' thing isn't working on a lot of my tasks
simonamsmith

Posted: Apr 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I can't yet see a pattern as to those that are working and those that aren't, but as an example :

I've four tasks tomorrow, each with a length of 20mins, with start times of 3pm, 3:20pm, 3:40pm and 4pm respectively, however on my outlook calendar they are 15:40, 16:00, 16:20 and 16:40 respectively.

Actually, just looking at my Outlook Calendar again, it looks as though any task with a length of less than an hour hasn't calculated the time properly.

They were all working fine before the update, and it's going to be a real pain to have to go through all these tasks and redo the times. Is this a known issue, or is there an easy way to fix it ?

Simon
Anders

The times all work for me, but I don't use outlook. I do sync my tasks with several different programs though. I also use start and due times rather than length, but that shouldn't make much difference. I wonder if you might be experiencing a problem with the outlook sync tool catching up to the website's enhancements. It might be a good idea to post in the 3rd party applications forum, where you should get a quicker response, if you are using that tool. If you are using an iCal subscription to see your tasks on outlook, then I don't know what to tell you. Everything looks good on my Google calendar.
simonamsmith

Yes, I am referring to the iCal subscription - this is where the problem is. The outlook sync tool appears to be working fine.
Anders

Posted by simonamsmith:
Yes, I am referring to the iCal subscription - this is where the problem is. The outlook sync tool appears to be working fine.

I just set up some test appointments using the start time and length fields instead of start/due time. I will have to wait for google to update before I see what they look like, but at least that will tell us if it is an outlook-specific problem or not.
Anders

Posted by Anders:
I just set up some test appointments using the start time and length fields instead of start/due time. I will have to wait for google to update before I see what they look like, but at least that will tell us if it is an outlook-specific problem or not.

No issues on Google. I made three identical task/events, one with start time 2:00 and length 30mins, one with due time 2:30 and length 30mins, and one with start time 2:00 and due time 2:30. All look identical and as would be expected. So it is either Outlook or the non-google iCal subscription that is causing problems. Good luck.
simonamsmith

Trying to look for relatively easy ways to put this right, which has lead me to this question :

Can you/how do you include start times when importing CSV files ? I tried a test file and it doesn't recognise a column headed starttime and it didn't recognise both a date and time in the STARTDATE column.

Perhaps the CSV formats haven't yet been updated to reflect the recent update ?

If not, I hope they will be soon, as this latest update seems to have rather ballsed up a few hundred tasks on my account, which I really don't want to have to go through and re-adjust by hand.

Cheers
Simon
Anders

Posted by simonamsmith:
Perhaps the CSV formats haven't yet been updated to reflect the recent update ?

Yes, I just looked, and none of the export files (CSV, text, or XML) have been changed to include start time. I have a feeling this may be partially to blame for your iCal problem. Taking into consideration your other problem with everything being one hour off, wouldn't these tasks be where you would expect them to be if the start time were instead read as a due time? Somehow I think Outlook is misinterpreting your start times.

Edit: To explain what I mean by this being related to the export files. I am guessing that maybe the iCal subscription has also not been updated to properly include start times, or has been placing them in due times.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 20, 2009
Our import/export tools have not yet been updated to support start-time. We hope to do this this week. However, the iCal subscriptions (Live iCal Links) do support start-time.
Jeremy

@Toodledo...

thats helpful information. I was wondering why it didn't work.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
BTW, we just added start-time to the CSV import/export tools.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.