ForumsQuestionsNesting of subtasks does not work in Chrome 32.

Nesting of subtasks does not work in Chrome 32.
dbyerman

Posted: Jan 21, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
Just noticed this over the last few weeks: using Chrome 32.0.1700.77 and when I try to nest a to do list item into another to do list item (thereby making it into a subtask) it does not work. I have to switch to Firefox 26.0, where the process works as it should. Is there a fix in the works?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 21, 2014
We have seen a few reports of this same issue, however we have not been able to reproduce the issue. Can anyone with Chrome please confirm if it is working for them?

A few things to try:

1) Disable all plugins
2) Clear your browser's cache
3) Sign out and sign back in again.

You can also check if any errors are being reported in your browser. Here is how: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=123
dbyerman

Posted: Jan 22, 2014
Experimented with this a bit today and found something odd: I *can* successfully drag the first two entries into other entries to create subtasks. When I try to drag the third entry and below, it tries to skip down five entries and make it a subtask there. If I am farther down my to do list (and I have 700+ items on my list altogether) I cannot drag and nest a subtask at all.

This is just in Chrome; Firefox works fine. Still happens with all plugins disabled. Browser cache cleared, signed in and out, doesn't help.

I get these messages in the developer toolbar when I try to drag and drop:
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js:1
body.scrollLeft is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollLeft' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollLeft' only if in quirks mode. script_33e_min.js:18
body.scrollTop is deprecated in strict mode. Please use 'documentElement.scrollTop' if in strict mode and 'body.scrollTop' only if in quirks mode. prototype.js:155
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 22, 2014
We just fixed this. Please refresh the page and try again. It was a problem with the latest version of Chrome. All other browsers would work, but we found a way to work around the issue.
dbyerman

Posted: Jan 23, 2014
Very cool. Fix confirmed. Thank you very much.

(And I can mark this issue off my to do list!)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.