ForumsQuestionsNotebook HTML Editor

Notebook HTML Editor
Vin Thomas

Posted: Apr 20, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I use a combination of TD and Evernote everyday. Mostly TD for task management, and Evernote for note taking and brain-dump. Evernote is great. It is a useful tool for sure, but I wonder how many TD users really use the notebook feature of TD. For myself, I think having a rich text editor like tiny-mce would make it a lot more appealing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
frossie

I do use the TD notebook (with Appigo Notebook on the iPhone end). My notes are usually simple lists of things, so I get by in plain text.

The one feature I find myself wishing for in TD notes (either in the Notebook proper or in the notes attached to tasks) is a feature from the Palm days - the ability to insert a character that automatically turns into a date and/or time stamp (for example including the string !ds would turn into 2009-04-20 or whatever your preferred format is).
Allen

User-configurable "macros" ala the Palm would be such a cool (pro?) feature! Probably outside the scoope of TD but I'll sit here and allow myself the brief day dream.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 21, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Thats a good idea. There is a solution for this already, but it requires installing some software on your computer. There are many different macro expanders that you can use. For the Mac, I use TextExpander and I have a macro !d that expands to the current date. The good thing is that this works in any application that I use (not just Toodledo Notebook).

Its a great way to type repetitive things.
Anders

That is pretty cool. Can anyone recommend any similar software for Windows?

This message was edited Apr 21, 2009.
Vin Thomas

I use text expander for coding mainly. It is a great tool. But still, as far as simplicity sake, I would love an simple html editor. Something simple like tiny-mce or something.

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/simple.php

This message was edited Apr 21, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.